Just a couple bugs I have noticed while playing V 0.6

Phoenixstar117

So I first of have to congratulate you on making such an amazing game just for the fun of it as your sites description says, I mean honestly only 5 euros? That's a steal! Normally a game like this would cost around 15 euros or 25 euros.

And as a side note I HIGHLY suggest you get this game on STEAM when its finished or close to finished.

Now to the bugs!

So these are no game breaking bugs but the first one that you probably have noticed yourself, but encase you have not... Whenever I enter a new sector, the ship seems slightly out of place and I can even see the cursors off in the distance, so I move the ship a little and BAM it moves to a new spot and then everything works fine from there. This does not really break anything but its still something to look into.

Next, sometimes when building a ship I will try to activate the X symmetry mode and the line marking the X position is a few bits off from the actual center. I have had this happen a few times with some bigger ships of mine but not so far in my little ships. Now this is also not game breaking but it is slightly annoying especially to OCD people like me.

Last, this is something I have only seen once and may just be a one time thing but while exploring in a scout ship I came across some unarmed pirates and well as my scout was armed with strong weapons decided to engage. While attacking one of the large transport like ships I noticed I was doing no damage, and that the weapons seemed to go right through it. So I flew up to it and found I was able to fly through the enemy ship as if it was not there, and then out of the blew upon finding a part of the ship I COULD shoot, and then ramming it, the ship seemed to teleport a few dozen meters and then stabilize into a physical form I could shoot. This might have some connection to the first bug I listed but I am not sure, it seemed to be a similar case. Either way I have only seen this bug once so it might have just been a glitch but either way it might also be worth checking out.

Anyways I hope this helps and I will continue to play this amazing game and be sure to report any more bugs I find as because this game seems to be in development there's a large chance of bugs, and must again congratulate you on making it so well even for a dev build as those of the hours and hours of gameplay are the only bugs I have encountered.

So yup that's the end of this post, amazing work again and please do keep the work going on! I'll be sure to help spread this game around as it defiantly needs more attention and is receiving to little for your amazing work you have done on it. (And as a side note you better be working for a game company as a high ranking employee because if you can make this game on your own just so people can have fun, you defiantly should be respected for your amazing programming and art skills!)

• Boxelware Team

Thanks a lot for all the positive feedback, it's highly appreciated :)

I do have big plans with the game (bigger than at the time of the writing on the homepage), but right now there is a lot of stuff going on in my life so this is just a side project for relaxing.

Concerning the bugs:

Whenever I enter a new sector, the ship seems slightly out of place and I can even see the cursors off in the distance, so I move the ship a little and BAM it moves to a new spot and then everything works fine from there.

This is a known issue, it's due to connection/synchronisation problems. I haven't had time to fix it yet, but I know it's there.

Last, this is something I have only seen once and may just be a one time thing but while exploring in a scout ship I came across some unarmed pirates and well as my scout was armed with strong weapons decided to engage. While attacking one of the large transport like ships I noticed I was doing no damage, and that the weapons seemed to go right through it. So I flew up to it and found I was able to fly through the enemy ship as if it was not there, and then out of the blew upon finding a part of the ship I COULD shoot, and then ramming it, the ship seemed to teleport a few dozen meters and then stabilize into a physical form I could shoot. This might have some connection to the first bug I listed but I am not sure, it seemed to be a similar case. Either way I have only seen this bug once so it might have just been a glitch but either way it might also be worth checking out.

This is also a synchronisation error between server and client. There are probably some more like this. The only reason they're still there is that they're complex to fix and don't influence the game too much, as you already said.

Next, sometimes when building a ship I will try to activate the X symmetry mode and the line marking the X position is a few bits off from the actual center. I have had this happen a few times with some bigger ships of mine but not so far in my little ships.

Now this is new. Could you post a screenshot showing the exact situation/problem?

Thanks for the help and if you find more bugs, feel free to post them!

Here is the image of the X symmetry being slightly of centered. Also I know that the center via the center of what looks like the center of the ship because first the camera aligns there and second that's where the cockpit part of the ship is centered.

Untitled.png