Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

[r7509] Deleting Player's Profile [ID Dat] Breaks their saving.

Kane Hart

So this is an annoying but with the user /Yerts. His original Dat was player_293.dat. Now when we reboot and he logs back onto the server his id is just a new one each time. Now hes up to 1608 if I reboot he be like 1609 etc etc.

Pretty much his player file will not save correctly ever again.

Fri Feb 10 18:01:41 2017| New Player registered: 76561198012737665 [/yerts] index: 1570

Fri Feb 10 18:01:41 2017| <Server> Welcome Player /yerts To The Server!

Fri Feb 10 18:02:55 2017| Player logged off: /yerts, index: 1570:

Fri Feb 10 19:13:56 2017| New Player registered: 76561198012737665 [/yerts] index: 1572

Fri Feb 10 19:13:56 2017| <Server> Welcome Player /yerts To The Server!

Fri Feb 10 19:17:06 2017| Player logged off: /yerts, index: 1572:

This goes on and on. There seems to be no errors or anything via the logs especially at the end during server reboot.

His dat files of all these newly created saves also keep existing. So does index store player id? if so I assume it says can't find playerid whatever was before create a new one but does not update the database to his new ID. = Broken on reboots.

Please send me the galaxy as a .zip file and include a link to this thread. You can omit the sectors to make it smaller.

Thanks for letting me omit the sectors. You saved me about 50 gigs ;)

I left the latest logs and such as well. From what I can tell idk how the index file works but I assume it's keeping his original one. I kept his original dat file in the root.

http://stonelegion.com/kane/galaxy.zip

Kane,

<not an official response from the developers>

I'm curious because I have a similar issue with one of my members. I wonder if it might be related.

I see that /yerts has had a number of alternate names based on his steam profile, do you know if he changed it recently to /yerts, after you started your server?

I had a player who had a special character, ï, in his name, and it made it so that we couldn't send mail to him, so he changed it, and ever since his character has had this issue.

Could you check with your guy and see if he's recently changed his name? I think that would be too much of a coincidence if he did. Would be useful for the devs to know.

Mike

I'm 99% sure his name had always been the same since he was also always the same name on discord. Our issue happen cuz we nuked his player id dat and I assume it's index elsewhere but rather create same index number it makes him a new one but does not overide the old index so he creates a new one each time the server reboots I assume saves fine in temp memory this why he is fine till server reboot.