Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

[r7493] - Client/Server does not do any kind of version checking.

Kane Hart

With your latest change I think was to the sector.lua if a player does not use the beta branch then their screwed. Sadly people trying to connect and hanging because of this and not much i can do unless they come to me directly.

So please add or bump the checking for this version thanks.

• Boxelware Team

Yes it does. The patch version hasn't been increased. Should be fixed now.

Also: Keep in mind that having a prod server on the beta branch by default might not be the best idea, the beta branch is not considered to be stable.

Yes it does. The patch version hasn't been increased. Should be fixed now.

Also: Keep in mind that having a prod server on the beta branch by default might not be the best idea, the beta branch is not considered to be stable.

Very true but stable has not been very stable for most of our players either so these days we don't mind. We have so many people who are stuck and can't login to we deleted their player profile and now each time it reboots they get a random new ID lol. So beta these days is normally a good thing not a bad thing :P

• Boxelware Team
but stable has not been very stable for most of our players either

What do you mean? Please be more specific and report crashes and bugs when they happen.

We have so many people who are stuck and can't login to we deleted their player profile and now each time it reboots they get a random new ID lol. So beta these days is normally a good thing not a bad thing

Deleting profiles of players might not be the best idea. It's very possible that the server gets unstable when you delete files that it expects to be there. I'm working on the duplicated player profiles. Data corruption should get better with the current beta branch as well.