Wreckage Despawning

Maddog1911

Suggestion

This is a kind of QoL change that I am really passionate about (for now)

I have found several super-wrecks, the ones where there is over a million of several resources in them. I have however lost three of them, totaling about 10 million assorted resources lost. Why you may ask? Because I assume the game despawns wreckage that is not close to the player to reduce lag. This is a great feature! Don't get me wrong, this does save lag but it also frustrates me when so much resource is lost. (when defending the sector from pirates or from aliens.)

What I suggest is that the despawn mechanic has a list of priorities OR the super-wrecks are not able to be despawned. So in other words, the first things to be despawned are asteroids that are 50Km+ away and carry no ore, then the priority switches to the lowest material content wrecks (mostly parts of other, bigger wrecks) that are far enough away to be despawned. Once all of these small wrecks are despawned, which can number in the hundreds sometimes, then and ONLY then does the system even think of despawning a massive source of profit and building material.

If wrecks over 500,000 resources were simply exempt from despawning it would solve the entire issue and I would feel much safer defending myself in a zone that has a massive wreck like that.

TL:DR Please don't let the massive wrecks despawn, this game is incredible and I want to see it grow and prosper!

Comment your opinions and suggestions, am I being an idiot or is it fair to ask this? And as a side note, if this is noticed, how hard is it to program something like this?

3 answers to this suggestion

It isn't based on distance, just time.  I've had multi-million resource wrecks despawn on me less than a second from destroying a block larger than my ship when I was less than 0.5km away, and had dozens of ship wrecks despawn seconds from reaching salvage range after battle.  I saw an idea in another thread that I liked where each size takes longer to despawn.

Perhaps something like this:

<100 resources: 5m

<1k resources: 10m

<10k resources: 15m

<100k resources: 30m

<1mil resources: 1h

>1mil resources: don't despawn

Perhaps lower the non-despawn level in areas with more than a certain number of wrecks, because no one is going to be able to salvage 100+ wrecks in a scrapyard in under an hour.

Noch eine Idee: Wie wäre es wenn der Timer immer zurückgesetzt würde, wenn das Wrack won einem Abwracklaser getroffen wird?

Ich find auch lästig wenn ein großes Wrack einfach verschwindet während man es grade abbaut.

______

Google translator:

Another idea: How would it be if the timer was always reset when the wreck was hit by a scrapping laser?

I also find it annoying when a large wreck just disappears while you dismantle it.