Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

About the beta branch

koonschi

• Boxelware Team

What's the beta branch?

The beta branch is the branch that we're using for testing patches before setting them live.

How do I get the patches from the beta branch?

If you want, you can help us out by testing new changes on the beta branch. You can access the beta branch like this:

- Right-click Avorion in your Steam library

- Select "Properties"

- Select Tab "Betas"

- In the drop-down menu, select branch "beta"

Keep in mind that the beta branch is unstable and will most likely contain bugs. Also, anything on the beta branch is always subject to change. We appreciate any feedback or bug reports from the beta branch.

• 5 months later...

Begging pardon if this is the wrong place to ask, but I just noticed there's a Public Beta Test server up. What are the rules for that server? How often is it wiped/restarted and so on? I'd be willing to play on it a fair bit, but I'm just wondering how often I'll log in to a shiny new drone. ;)

• 4 months later...

hope never :) im there for couple month. i gues its never was wiped. i like it. sure its harder to play. coz asteroids are taken by other players. they should be reclaimed every month or so.

btw. beta server is off few days :( no one can connect. its just show online

• 1 month later...

That public beta server is the only thing on my server list. I once added a new server, but it had vanished from the list. Probably upon restarting the game, didn't notice.

Anyway! I'll do my gametime there from now on. But I haven't enabled the beta branch in Steam yet (will do). Does the server just not mind or is it not really "beta" for the next patch?

Edit: I see 0.12.7, 0.13.0 and 0.14.5 versions listed there. I just checked and the current is 0.15.7. ... Well... I'm happy :P But I wouldn't mind playing an unstable version and reporting malfunctions.