Beta Branch Patchnotes 0.10.3.7509

koonschi

I hope the developer highly considers ignoring PvP Balance anything. This game was suppose to be a Co-Op Game not eve online.

You have got a point... balance is great and everything, but it usually kills the fun. I would rather have fun than pvp balanced game :)

Right now, game is in very good state, and my personal priorities would be

Fixing fighters

Fixing turret factories

Fixing flight model and thrusters

Fixing AI captains

Implementing out of sector production/mining/AI

Implementing ship-to-ship docking

Scalable turrets and turret blocks as suggested before

And when thes quite mandatory fixes are done, I will welcome Alliance updates, so playing multiplayer makes more sense :)

When this is eventually done, and bugs are fixed games could be basically fully released imo and it would be one of the best space games on the market, if not the best (because hey, I think that Star Citizen will be game for my children, but I will not live that long...).

I have real faith in Koonshi, because what we already have is tremendeous achievment and I am constantly blown away by possibilities of this game...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have real faith in Koonshi, because what we already have is tremendeous achievment and I am constantly blown away by possibilities of this game...

His biggest advantage is that a game like Avorion never really gets old, it's more like fine wine that gets better with time.

I can imagine myself playing it five years after a long break and enjoying all the new stuff and mods while ignoring the "dated graphics etc." all together. :)

The fanbase will grow with time, there is no reason to hurry and for example mix shifty code into the game just to be faster.

I definitely agree. I actually don't care for PVP. I'm here for Coop & exploration.

All of the combat mechanics I mentioned also apply for AI combat.

Currently the enemies just fly in a straight line at you and start shooting. It's boring. You can't really outfly them, there's no mechanics other than "shoot them more than they shoot you".

Doesn't matter if the game-mechanics are PvP or PvE, both sides still need a lot of work to be fair for everyone.

There is too much of a difference between early and late game, especially when you get to know the game a bit.

Not to mention those who find every exploitable feature/glitch to profit from, such as deconstructing breeders for a shitload of credits and resources that should only be earnable with serious effort.

I kinda like the current concept, but I do somewhat agree that thursters leave a little to be desired when it comes to slowing forward momentum. However, I don't really like the idea of having engines pointing in every direction like you get in Space Engineers... at least not in this game.

I know real life space craft do a reverse burn to slow down, but that's because fitting an engine to the front of the craft won't do so well when it re-enters the atmosphere. For a craft that will only ever be in space, like in this game, forward facing thrusters/engines can be a thing.

So how about Braking Engines?

They can look different from normal engines and don't have to be quite as powerful as normal engines, but they point forward only and all they do is slow you down. Then the thrusters currently in the game can be left to handle the pitch and yaw.

Or thurster can stay as they are (volume base of course) and the braking engines can have like 2/3 or 1/2 the power of normal engines and then thursters and braking engines will work together in stopping your forward momentum. In fact, if thusters are left as is, braking engines don't even have to help with reverse... they just burn until your forward momentum reaches zero m/s if you are not holding W.

So we'll have:

-forward Engines

-braking Engines

-thrusters

So this is still a bit of a rough idea, but maybe something like this can work?

This will give us a bit more control of the stopping power while adding some more complexity to our builds.

If you try to make players have to retrograde THEY WONT!

If you insist on it they will just make even bigger block shaped ships to counter it. This will lead to players who like having athletically pleasing looking ships being at a severe disadvantage which is already the case.

One of the massive drawls to this game is its ability to make nice awesome looking ships! If having ugly looking block shaped ships is the best way to go which it currently is and from this change is becoming even more so you will lose these players.

To be honest it's like stabbing your infant baby game in the heart.

Devs please realize this. Having fun game mechanics and a visually stunning environment is far more important than some pre-contrived notion that results in players who try to follow it having a massive disadvantage.

Couldn't agree more. I absolutely love the game. The most fun I'm having is the challenge of building REAL looking ships, not just flying rectangles. The current ship I'm doing looks pretty darn amazing...and it's almost useless if I keep it aesthetically pleasing. I have to ugly up my nice smooth-lined ships with nasty chunks of blocky thrusters. It's almost making me give up building ships entirely.

It can't work where having an ugly flying brick is at such a huge advantage. When I get around to it I'll post a pic of my new ship and you'll see that my options are next to zero for thrusters.