Gameplay

• Docks regenerate over time or when a sector is loaded
  • Current ship tab shows missing blocks
  • Added explanation to m/s in loading screen
  • Thrusters are slightly more powerful and scale with volume
  • Added a build tool to repair block by block
  • Added a "Repair Ship" window
    • Window shows repair costs
    • Window can discard current repairs, accepting your ship as-is, but this loses the "perfect" version of the ship

Misc

• Improved error printing to log files

Scripting API

• Implemented a sector.lua script that is always present and that can be used to do sector-related initializations

Server

• Implemented binding to IP with steam networking
  • Command line interface is now working with windows command line
  • Added a /playerinfo command which prints info (index, steam ID, location) about players
    • By default /playerinfo is only available to server administrators and mods

[*]/ban, /banip, /unban, /unbanip, /give, /groups, /kick, /teleport commands work with player indices and steam IDs as well

[*]Server administrators don't undergo white/blacklist checks

[*]Added command-line argument and setting for generator threads used

• Command line option is --generator-threads

[*]Improved file writing security checks for less corrupted saves

Bugfixes

• [uBR] Fixed wormholes going to sectors on the ring
  • [uBR] Fixed a hang on the server when saving players
  • [uBR] Fixed typo in german localization
  • [uBR] Fixed missing data saving on server shutdown
  • Fixed a crash in galaxy when loading invalid sector data

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"[uBR] Fixed missing data saving on server shutdown"

Still experiencing missing data or player data corruption after server shutdown after server and player updated to recent beta.

Each time player joins game after server shutdown they are given new player id

"[uBR] Fixed missing data saving on server shutdown"

Still experiencing missing data or player data corruption after server shutdown after server and player updated to recent beta.

Each time player joins game after server shutdown they are given new player id

I think this was another issue not related to yours. I think yours is a indexing issue that will not updating your id to a new one or recreating a dat file using your index id.

About "Thrusters are slightly more powerful and scale with volume": My ship just doesn't stop with this new mechanics.. In my game, thrusters became much, much weaker and don't scale with volume.. Am I missing something??

I'm having the same issue with brake thrust not scaling and not being more efficient with a larger volume. All my ships have about a third of the brake thrust they had before this beta patch.

Patch 0.10.3.7509

• Added a "Repair Ship" window
    • Window shows repair costs
    • Window can discard current repairs, accepting your ship as-is, but this loses the "perfect" version of the ship

This feature has a fairly nasty bug.

If you delete something in build mode, the game will think it's been destroyed, not deleted. therefore it'll tell you the ship is severely damaged, and those deleted blocks in the repair window will be present as damaged blocks. If you repair, these come back.

So it seems whenever doing changes currently, you need to repair, then do changes, then go to the repair window and hit discard.

Otherwise though a lot of stuff here that needed to be done. Keep up the good work!

I made a thread on reddit before I found these notes (apologies), but from what I can tell, thrusters have simply undergone a massive nerf, rather than buff. 

I had taken screenshots of my ship recently and after patching (coincidentally), and in essence, all my thurster related values were reduced by 76-77%.

Brake: 188.5 -> 43.7

Yaw: 1.51 -> .36

Pitch 1.95 -> .46

Roll 1.59 -> .37 

I did some testing in creative, and took 5 sheets in layers, then combined them, and they reduced the net thrust.  Meaning they had a reduction in thrust tied to a reduction in surface area independant to volume. 

The way I read the notes, I didn't think I would lose the ability to have a nimble ship, and hope this isn't the only direction past a certain size.

Before:

M27G8aL.png?1

After:

CzOoEPl.png

I made a thread on reddit before I found these notes (apologies), but from what I can tell, thrusters have simply undergone a massive nerf, rather than buff. 

I had taken screenshots of my ship recently and after patching (coincidentally), and in essence, all my thurster related values were reduced by 76-77%.

Brake: 188.5 -> 43.7

Yaw: 1.51 -> .36

Pitch 1.95 -> .46

Roll 1.59 -> .37 

I did some testing in creative, and took 5 sheets in layers, then combined them, and they reduced the net thrust.  Meaning they had a reduction in thrust tied to a reduction in surface area independant to volume. 

The way I read the notes, I didn't think I would lose the ability to have a nimble ship, and hope this isn't the only direction past a certain size.

Before:

M27G8aL.png?1

After:

CzOoEPl.png

I also did some testing and have the same results. But I have difficulties adding screenshots..

Yeah, removed the post when I saw that the display was incorrect, embarrassing I missed that. Was kind of hoping to get it before you got to it. Lol. Oh well.

All the same though, I still feel that either the new formula is a bit under powered. Thruster arrays were almost a staple of building, and while I get it was unrealistic, most recent builds rely upon the mechanic, so this new formula is a pretty big slap to the face. It lines up with the ~75% power decrease the others are reporting when comparing most stats to Stable.

Stable - Without Merging || Stable - With Merging || Beta - Without Merging || Beta - With Merging

vQ5j2eQ.jpg

You need to majorly buff thrusters or this small thing will be the easy death nail for your game.

That or let players set engines in all directions witch is something space crafts are stating to have already.

Or maybe the better option is combine thrusters and engines into one block allowing the player complete freedom over how his ship flys.

not saying this is not the case but you need to compare the stat with a full crew in

also I agree placing thousand little thruster is not really enjoyable, especially after they lock up your ship build when you lose one of them after a nudge to an asteroid from the wrong angle.

if anything buff the force and increase the costs, if you need them pricey to balance capital vessels.

Your brake thrust before combining them is is 1.7 m/s², afterwards it's 2.3 m/s², so you gained 0.6 m/s².

Your yaw before combining them is 0.06, afterwards it's 0.07, so you gained 0.01.

I believe this only applies post update?

I've changed a layered thruster at about 0.06 turn to a single equal volume thruster to 0.07, however pre update I think I was getting a turn rate of about 0.2, so it's very noticeable that overall thrusters have got a lot weaker.

Also any news on the repair ship window bug I posted earlier?

I'd be interested in the structure of your thrusters. If you built layered, thin thrusters then yes, the update will come as a nerf.

Stacking thin thrusters was only way to go, if you didn't want to have half of the ship made of thrusters. I had stacked like 40 0.1-thin thrusters to be able to stop my ship in reasonable time.

Comparison of stats, current stable vs current beta:

Break Thrust: NERFED from 37.6 to 15.9

Yaw: NERFED from 0.54 to 0.23

Pitch: NERFED from 0.55 to 0.24

Roll: NERFED from 2 to 1.05

I'd boost volume-based thruster efficiency a bit more, TBH.

NERFED alot even after combine all (crtl+A combine)  :'(

Thrust:  from 63.3 to 32.3

Break Thrust:  from 110.6 to 14.1 !!

Max Velocity: from 2549 to 1654

Yaw:  from 0.33 to 0.04

Pitch:  from 1.3 to 0.32

Roll:  from 0.45 to 0.07

without beta and comnine all

Thrust: 16.4

Break Thrust: 1.8

Max Velocity: 289

Yaw:  0.01