BSG fans? Community project?

GrimJahk

My play style recently reminds me of how I think a Cylon Raider might fit into this universe if he went rogue...

So I immediately thought I'd mention it here in case there were people that either already had some of the BSG ships already models made or want the challenge...

Already saw the Gallactica, would love to see it added here for posterity.

Any takers??

I made a mini Battlestar for my main save and named it Battlestar Omega- its 60m by 55m. I had to rush it a little bit because of constant pirate and alien attacks and then gave up on the full Battlestar look after I ran out of materials twice. I ended up rounding off all of the parts that were not done so its not a life-like copy of the Battlestars-it turns like crap too, even with embedded thrusters.

I plan on starting the Pegasus in creative mode and when building your own fighters comes out I am going to make the Viper Mk.IIs/VIIs and Raptors.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=866919865

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=866920153

• 3 weeks later...

Did you even bother scrolling up in the topic? sometimes i lose faith in humanity......

Perhaps I should explain a bit further, one that I can play with. I do tend to like the five model. He was just misunderstood and he did love his Flair!!

I offer another TOS-Galactica... I love the look of the one Delvar made, but it was too small for me and it was missing some hull-hp. By the way, it uses Directional-Thrusters and 2 Gyros... Those Gyros become stronger on material-upgrades, so the turnrate becomes better with better materials.

The length is about 42, since the "real" Galactica should have a size of about 1260 meters, it's scale 1:3. Feel free to scale it up by 3 and get 27 times the volume :)

Well, it doesn't look as good as Delvars' and I still dislike the fore-section, but here it is:

26E8C88E6D335BC64E293054F2B2310943413A76

Now the stats:

D90CE95AC01236CCC02E720DCC5907898B424828

40DBA7D846D17E07702814B7836AD2C38A553850

048500AC35190548FF5588A08412CD6B569DFAE9

What's next? Forget the XML-File?!? - Just kidding... If anybody is able to do a facelift on my Battlestar, please do and share it here.

EDIT:

I forgot: I filled the main hull of my Battlestar with red hull-blocks (to get the correct volume and some mass), you can safely remove those. In the nacells, there are hullblocks, too, I just didn't use a special color there. Please don't remove all the directional-thrusters (upper part of the nacells) and don't use combine on them - the game loves to combine directional thrusters, even if those are facing into different directions.

TOS_Galactica.xml

Glad you like it :)

I spent a long time on the front, all the different slopes made it very difficult.

i went though about 10 complete rebuilds till i was happy with it.

im currently resizing my one (making it twice as big!), but im playing though the game not creative so its taking a while :) making it out of titanium and just now updating after the latest patch to include gyros etc. doesn't handle as well as i like so still tweaking.  might drop it on here anyway and let people play with it.

Glad you like it :)

I spent a long time on the front, all the different slopes made it very difficult.

i went though about 10 complete rebuilds till i was happy with it.

I tried 3 times and the current front was the best I got. Well, I didn't really use yours, it has got so many blocks and so little HP.

im currently resizing my one (making it twice as big!), but im playing though the game not creative so its taking a while :) making it out of titanium and just now updating after the latest patch to include gyros etc. doesn't handle as well as i like so still tweaking.  might drop it on here anyway and let people play with it.

Twice the volume or twice the length, width and height ( = 8 times the volume)? Well, the fastest and easiest way seems to be to try: http://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,2733.0.html

On the other hand: If you are going for twice the volume, mine has got that much, it just needs a facelift :)