Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Fighters can't return to hangers (more details within)

MrVorgra

If the Hanger "Clear Path" outline does not protrude beyond the relative axis' greatest extent then the fighters won't return to the hanger

SNffDVYh.jpg

As you can see in the above image the Clear path does not exceed beyond the greatest extent of the ship on its corresponding axis.

46uNDQah.jpg

As seen here I have removed the bottom half of the "tail" to verify this wasn't the cause of the Fighters not returning to the hanger, as you cans see the fighters are still hanging around the back of the vessel.

GpE6OmFh.jpg

In this photograph I have removed the tail that exceeds beyond the extent of the "clear path" of the hanger, and immediately the fighters all rushed to dock.

jDyzjaDh.jpg

I added another hanger to test this bug, As you can see the fighters are returning to the hanger which is unlike the first hanger I have been mentioning and has a clear path with nothing extending beyond this clear path axis.

1sl2Mhyh.jpg

Now that I had confirmed the new hanger worked outright, I added a bar extending beyond the "clear path" of the hanger on one side.

bqGKXlJ.jpg

As you can see A single fighter is returning to the hanger as expected on the side of the hanger that has no purple bar.

vBTpCT1.jpg

In this picture you are able to observe that the fighters are not returning to the hanger on the side with the purple bar.

I believe that confirms my observations.

Now I don't know how often people do or will build things beyond the extent of this "clear path" however I can see this hindering many of the Randomly Generated vessels.

This occurs regardless of hanger size.

This occurs regardless of the Shape of the hanger.

This occurs regardless of wether they need to thread the needle or not.

So long as anything exceeds the Clear entry path of the hanger the fighters will not enter, nor even attempt to land, they will simply taxi in circles non-stop.

6lif70Hl.jpg

Different ship, massive entry point, no possible object preventing entry or causing issues of "threading the needle"

Bar on-top exceeds clear path of hanger, no hangers on that axis work now.

X6O2FLPl.jpg

Very long hanger, relatively speaking this hanger has a very long clear path, although I failed to show that in the picture, the bar a-top also exceeds this clear path, consequently and once again the fighters simply taxi around in circles and will not attempt to land.

WgGakzal.jpg

I have relocated the bar to ensure there is nothing obscuring the entry to the hangers, as you can see all fighters are ordered to return.

rmUhXp9l.jpg

Here you can see how far the clear path expands, still the fighters won't return.

I have pretty big hangars (8x2x4), path to enter is clear, but fighters after launching cannot return to it.

I've tried to issue return command multiple times, move the ship, leave and enter game again - same problem all the time. Once launched fighters are unable to return.

Illustration of my hangars below:

TR6Bwtbh.jpg

It would be because those sexy nacelles are exceeding beyond the clear path on that given axis, its sucks but for now we just have to have either RIDICULOUSLY large hangers or, in some cases completely redesign the ships, In your case it your ship might still look cool with shorter pillars supporting those nacelles.

one of the hangers in the above examples exceeded some 127 in one direction, some 80 in the other.

• 2 weeks later...

I ran into the same problem with my build. See here: http://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,2374.0.html

koonschi:

What if the clear entry path would adjust it self dynamically based on the distance it needs to clear the edge of the ship?

Or make it configurable by the player?

Maybe not a proper solution, but should fix things in the meantime while a new solution could be worked out?

EDIT: Could we mod it in the meantime?

• 1 month later...