Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

[Mod] Detailed Turret Tooltips

lyravega

I suspect it is related to this mod:  http://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,781.0.html

When I put your tooltipmaker.lua in, it messes up the equipment dock for some reason. Now, I used his mod to build that equipment dock, and with your tooltipmaker installed, it changes the equipment dock interface so I cannot even buy turrets. I am guessing his mod alters the interaction somehow, but I am no lua expert, just a hacker heh. Just a theory though, but if I am one of the only one ones with issues, I assume it is one of my mods messing it up.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just started a new game, still using current beta (there was an update today to the beta btw, and I am using the newest version), and still having the blank tooltips in several modes. It did seem to work when viewing turrets in the equipment shop though. Now I do have a ton of stuff modded, both others plus my own changes. But I cant think of anything that would touch tooltipmaker. Also, your mod was the most recent I installed.  I also tried full screen versus windowed, no difference. Mystery for sure.

Update, log shows tooltip errors related to it. See attached.

Alright, I've put up a new version, saw my error on that line, again thanks for the log. Though, what kind of a weapon is that? Overheats in one shot? If I can get your save with that turret with broken tooltip, I'd really appreciate that - I mean I've never encountered such a weapon, I tried to account for such but while renaming stuff in the code forgot one line apparently and hopefully it is the one that is causing all these issues.

I suspect it is related to this mod:  http://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,781.0.html

When I put your tooltipmaker.lua in, it messes up the equipment dock for some reason. Now, I used his mod to build that equipment dock, and with your tooltipmaker installed, it changes the equipment dock interface so I cannot even buy turrets. I am guessing his mod alters the interaction somehow, but I am no lua expert, just a hacker heh. Just a theory though, but if I am one of the only one ones with issues, I assume it is one of my mods messing it up.

Nah it is probably my mod. When the tooltips are broken, anyone selling a turret with a broken tooltip won't have a buy/sell option. I saw my mistake and fixed it hopefully, but I really wish I could get my hands on such a weapon for testing purposes.

Here is a link to my save game if you want to test it. I stripped out all the sectors except the current, as well as faction data, to cut down on file size.

http://www.filedropper.com/operationsstorm

Thanks, I will look at it when I am able to. Also noticed another bug from that screenshot. Since the weapon overheats instantly, its cooldown time can become its fire rate but apparently I forgot to recalculate dps. That weapon definitely isnt powerful :d

Ya it is not a very good weapon in reality. It was hitting salvage for about 3-4k and had a long cooldown time...time for the scrapheap!

Yep :) I fixed it but I'll upload the fix tomorrow, would like to play a bit and see if I can catch another bug/incorrect value before posting another update.

Uploaded v0.012 with some minor visual changes, and fixes for some specific weapons (turrets that overheat in one shot)

would it be possible to add some energy efficiency lines for energy consuming weapons? like dps/energy at max power draw?

The thing is, there is no max power draw :D They can shoot as long as you have the energy generation & reserves to supply them. And there is no way I can get the ship power stats unfortunately. Best way to check them out is looking at your energy consumption, and not just the base energy drain but accumulation. Accumulation is more important in my opinion, high accumulation means it'll reach a higher energy usage in shorter time. You can sustain energy weapons with low accumulation without any issues.

I see I missed out on some stuff, and it looks much cleaner now.  who knows maybe this could come in handy for the dev to rebalance weapon rng stats that drop in the future.

Thanks. Weapons that generate heat usually seems to be on the weak side. Best weapons I've found are chainguns without heat mechanics or never overheat, and laser turrets with miniscule energy costs.

I like the changes you made, it looks a lot better now!

Will give it a try now you fixed the issue with the equipment docks.

*sigh* Gotta love finding new stuff after I post a new version. Not something I caused this time though, look at this screenshot (at the bottom, something is in a red box).

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/158026921452974105/4EF437E91E0FE0A7EE33CBAB65ACF23BF85ED73E/

This turret has negative "accumulation"; its energy cost is always the same. Just a vanilla bug, but I'll hide weird numbers in mod's next version sometime later, enough versions for a day. I need to figure out how these type of energy weapons exactly work anyway. It is very similar to heat, but the vanilla numbers and what I can tell are different and it is very confusing.

edit: Yeah, no accumulation. The weapon always uses the same energy, it doesn't increase. Not sure if bug or intended though, maybe a "hidden feature" of some sorts heheh :)

I do think energy consumption flats out at some point

Nah, it keeps accumulating. The bar caps out, but it keeps going on. On previous patch, you could see it as well. The same goes to your boost, it doesn't cap and keeps building up till you run out of energy.

New version up:

v0.020

-Added "Shield Penetration" and "Hull Penetration" stats

-Added info for weapons that are ineffective against stone (basically, all lightning weapons)

-Fixed "Tick Damage" showing incorrect values for applicable weapons (apparently, Tesla Guns can have "Synchronized Weapons", unlike any other continuous beam)

-"Range" is now calculated (it'll show correct range values for crafted weapons; a bug prevents real range from being altered for them, I'll make a fix/mod for turretfactory.lua later on fix for turretfactory.lua)

-"Force" stats now display the individual weapon force; for some reason turret stats show wildly different things (different things as in tooltip showing positive turret force while the weapon force is actually negative)

Shield Penetration: Your usual shield penetration as shown in vanilla tooltips; % chance to bypass the shields

Hull Penetration: A hidden weapon stat, specificly for Railguns. Railguns can penetrate blocks and deal additional damage; a railgun with 5 penetration for example, can hit 6 blocks in a straight line (in tooltip, it'll be shown as 6)

I'm trying to find the explosion values for cannons and launchers; they deal area of effect damage, capable of hitting multiple blocks (and thus dealing more damage, similar to railguns). Later on I'll move shield/hull penetration to somewhere else I guess.

Latest version, getting lots of blank tooltips. Debug console shows this.

Can I get your save by any chance? Because either you have a turret with no weapons, or I have no idea. Unless I can get your save or you check all of your turrets one by one yourself, can't be sure, but that value cannot be nil unless the turret lacks weapons.

For now you can replace line 26 with this.

if not wpn then return end; local lyr = {}

Do you think it would be possible to add an additional sort option in the player inventory menu so that you could sort by eDPS instead of Damage?

That is out of our reach as far as I can tell.

Ya, I'm not really sure. I made a new game in creative mode and just added a crap load of random weapons with the /turret mod, worked just fine.

That fix you provided worked for my current game too. Tooltips look just like they're supposed to.

Weird custom weapons? too many mods? dunno. Oh well.

Ya, I'm not really sure. I made a new game in creative mode and just added a crap load of random weapons with the /turret mod, worked just fine.

That fix you provided worked for my current game too. Tooltips look just like they're supposed to.

Weird custom weapons? too many mods? dunno. Oh well.

Need to check the /turret mod. It may be spawning turrets without weapons on them somehow. Or it is a rare occurence in the vanilla game as well. Because the error says "wpn" is nil, and that cannot happen unless turret:getWeapons() returns nothing; meaning the turret has no weapons on it. It may be a vanilla bug as said