Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Use URL instead of IP

Freejack

• Boxelware Team

I'm not sure how this is possible, this worked for me. But it looks like this is a bigger issue than I first thought. Post the server log and the client log with network tracing enabled, please, otherwise I won't be able to help you.

You can enable network tracing by adding -t network to the command line options of server and client.

Start the server with network tracing enabled, log in with URL, try to mine something, then log out and send me both logs.

Here is server :

Incoming connection from 68.117.251.9:39492                                                                                                                               

Connection to player established                                                                                                                                           

Server TCP: Error occurred in async_receive: End of file. Bytes transferred: 0                                                                                             

Incoming connection from 68.117.251.9:39493                                                                                                                               

Server: connection 0 was closed by remote                                                                                                                                 

Connection to player established                                                                                                                                           

Player logged in: Freejack, index: 1                                                                                                                                       

<SERVER> The Nav-Computer is calculating the jump route. Please stand by.                                                                                                 

<SERVER> Jump route calculated.                                                                                                                                           

<SERVER> Your ship is facing in the wrong direction.                                                                                                                       

Server TCP: Error occurred in async_receive: End of file. Bytes transferred: 0                                                                                             

Server: connection 1 was closed by remote                                                                                                                                 

Player logged off: Freejack, index: 1                               

Client Log:

Client: attempting to connect to fjbbs.gotdns.com:24000

Client: connection established

Client UDP: Connection closed

Client TCP: Error occurred in handleReceive: Operation canceled. bytes transferred: 0

Client: attempting to connect to fjbbs.gotdns.com:24000

Client: connection established

<Server> Player Freejack logged in

<SERVER> The Nav-Computer is calculating the jump route. Please stand by.

<SERVER> Jump route calculated.

Client UDP: Connection closed

Hope this helps.

• Boxelware Team

I'm afraid it doesn't help. You need to turn on network tracing on both client and server.

You can enable network tracing by adding -t network to the command line options of server and client.

Please enable this on both client and server, then post both client and server logs.

• Boxelware Team

It looks like your UDP port changed during play.

Your client identified to the server with a certain port for UDP (which is good), then used another one to actually do communication (which is bad), this means the UDP packets from the server get lost and the server won't accept the packets from the client, as they're coming from an unexpected port.

I'll investigate how this can happen.

Before you go to far, could this be an issue where the url resolves and the game changes the UDP due to being inside the network? Even though the system routes the url from within the network? I gues the only true test would be someone on the outside trying the url and playing the game.