[Mod][Beta] MineCorp

NexusNull

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how can i missed that XD thanks for the info^^ i think i was to focused on getting it into a certain productionline instead of trying something like this first... maybe i can use you code for experimenting for my idea?

Sure, go ahead. It will be interesting to see what you come up with.

Thanks for this mod -- it works great and was very easy to install.

I was so excited to try it out that I did not want to wait for 10% chance of an abandoned mine, so I bumped it to 25%.

Its a beautiful mod indeed! The only have two comments:

1. It does not look like it limits the abandoned mines generated in a sector to one or even one of each type of ore as you can see by the attached image.

2. The Galaxy Map info on the section appears not to update until you leave the sector -- to change the Abandoned Mine text into Working Mine text on the sectors popup data sheet.

Both of these comments are not complaints at all, just observations.

But seriously, a GREAT GREAT mod!! Thanks for making it available. I appreciate your work.

1. It does not look like it limits the abandoned mines generated in a sector to one or even one of each type of ore as you can see by the attached image.

Well the chances are connected to an asteroid field. So there is a 10% chance for every asteroid field, might not have been the smartest move on my part.

2. The Galaxy Map info on the section appears not to update until you leave the sector -- to change the Abandoned Mine text into Working Mine text on the sectors popup data sheet.

I can't change that, there is a lot unavailable to modders, galaxy map is one of those. Trust me I would create other cool mods if I had the option.

Good to know that the Galaxy Map is not easily accessed for mods.

Is there a way you can indicate that a mine is owned by the player who paid for it? That way in a multi-player game you could tell who owns what mine.

Thanks for a great mod.

Hi. I installed the mod and have the following problem.

Iv refurbished two titanium mines, but i get no ore from them. Iv restarted the game and the server several times with out it working.

Also the first mine i found spawned inside an existing asteroid with an existing mine. 

(Suggestion) perhaps the mines should spawn a bit outside the sector like in some sectors you can find them huge asteroids alone pretty far out from the belts.

I saw there was one more not getting any minerals from his mines, you asked him to contact you on discord. Did any solution come from that ?

^^ I just read your comment, you cant expect me to fix something in 3 minutes. I will take a look at it.

I didn't, the second post from me was to the person with the same problem. Perhaps he could provide his solution to save you the trouble.

I did a complete reinstall of Avorion (deleted folder in steam and %appdata%) This to make sure it did not conflict with anything

I then launched a new world (single player) with only this mod installed. Refurbished 2 mines and let the game run for 1  hour afk. As there had not yet been given me any minerals, I jumped out of the system and let the game run 1 more hour afk. Still no minerals to my account.

I wish there was some debugging that could be enabled in the scripts, would love to see what actually happens when the script run the function initPlayerData(player) and function iteration(timestep)

EDIT:

I added debug to  function initPlayerData(player) and confirms that the functions are called.

I added debug to function iteration(timestep) as shown bellow

function iteration(timestep)
    player:sendChatMessage("", 2, "function iteration : invoked")
    if time > config.defaultTime then
    local player = Player()
    for index, material in pairs(ressources) do
        local mines = player:getValue(prefix .. material .. "MineAmount")
        player:receiveResource(Material(index - 1), mines * config.defaultIncome)
player:sendChatMessage("", 2, "function iteration : You should be payed: " .. mines * config.defaultIncome .. "$")

end
    time=0
player:sendChatMessage("", 2, "function iteration : setting time=" .. time .. "")	
    else
    time= time + timestep
player:sendChatMessage("", 2, "function iteration : not the time to get payed: time=" .. time .. "")
    end  
end

But this functions never run.

Ok, I am not sure but I think it is a bug in Avorion.

Why do I think that? Because it seems that Avorion is not starting the player events for you either.

Which means your game doesn't run updateServer in eventscheduler.lua.

I guess my workaround would be to implement my hooks elsewhere.

Are you ok with joining me in discord today? I know its bothersome but I want to fix this.

Everything here working well. I really just hope upgrades / higher costs for diff mats happens soon only because I'm now getting them in my LP Series. I found 3 in 1 system a bit crazy but that is just pure luck.

I will probably update later this day. I want to deliver the fix for the other bug with it.

Also I am working on another mod that has to be finished too.

Is it intentional that this mod stops you from being able to claim asteroids to sell or build mines on?

You are mistaken, I do not change the claiming mechanic. It is either a non claimable asteroid or somebody else changes this behavior.

Yup, my mistake, sorry - I only have two mods, and I thought it was this one causing the issue, but it's the other one :P