Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

[Mod][Beta] MineCorp

NexusNull

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updated the mod to work with Avorion 0.15.7. The notifications for receiving material on the right side of the screen are deactivated, but of course you still get material. I do not guarantie anything, this mod may get outdated in future updates.

If you want to overtake this project please contact Laserzwei, we are still looking for someone to keep this alive.

MineCorp-1.5.1

Thank you for updating Hammelpilaw!

So ich habe mir von ihm 1.5b gedownloadet und entpackt und dann, denn 1.5.1 darein entpackt. Nun finde ich garkeine Minen .....

I reduced the amount of mines by a factor of 100, to make them a special event for a player to find. I choose this, because you can upgrade them now and don't have to fear competition (on multiplayer).

(config.probabilityPerAsteroidField = 0.1 -> config.probabilityPerAsteroidField = 0.001)

If you want to see if the mod works then I recommend going to /Avorion/mods/Minecorp/config/config.lua, set

config.probabilityPerAsteroidField = 1

and start a NEW world (you should see around 10 Mines in your start sector), if not come back with server logs

Don't forget to set the settings back!

• 1 month later...

So, not sure if this has been answered yet or not but I've installed the mod and made sure both hooks from the sectorgenorator.lua and the eventsceduler.lua are there and I'm able to spawn the mines and claim and upgrade them but once I own them they are not generating any resource. I do have some other mods installed (BiB modpack and fleetcontrol) so I did have to insert the code. Am I missing something or is this a bug?

So, not sure if this has been answered yet or not but I've installed the mod and made sure both hooks from the sectorgenorator.lua and the eventsceduler.lua are there and I'm able to spawn the mines and claim and upgrade them but once I own them they are not generating any resource. I do have some other mods installed (BiB modpack and fleetcontrol) so I did have to insert the code. Am I missing something or is this a bug?

I don't know where the BiB mods change vanilla files. You might want to look in  %Appdata%/Roaming/Avorion/galaxies/galaxyname/ serverlog ... .txt if there are any errors

Weird, I can't seem to make this mod work properly.

I found a mine but I cannot seem to buy it, it throws a weird error in the logs:

could not execute function 'refurbish' in "'modfiles/scripts/callMine.lua"':

property not found or not readable: Player.payMoney

stack traceback:

[C]:-1: in function __index

modfiles/scripts/callMine.lua:82: in function ?

Setting state to invalid

Any insight on what might cause the mod not to function will be appreciated.

Mod version :1.51,

Game version: 1.58 beta

Edit: ... I might have missed a step in the configuration process somewhere...

Edit 2: Yup It's fixed, never mind...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! Uhm, I'm terrible at coding and I basically know nothing about it.

But my problem is that I've installed the mod and I can find the mines, but I can't refurnish them at all, none of them worked. So I'm not really sure what the problem could be.. Tried to open the log but there was no errors or nothing

Hi! Uhm, I'm terrible at coding and I basically know nothing about it.

But my problem is that I've installed the mod and I can find the mines, but I can't refurnish them at all, none of them worked. So I'm not really sure what the problem could be.. Tried to open the log but there was no errors or nothing

Have you tried this yet?

Since Nexus still did not update his mod, I will release my version, of which I gave him a copy on sep. 5th and is running ever since on rusty's galaxy.

G4xKnTw.jpg

Install "MineCorp 1.5" as every other mod (copy files in your /Avorion/ folder).

If you have a world where MineCorp is still running and you want to keep it running, then install "minecorpConverter".

Downloadlink, because the mod is too big to be uploaded in the forum:

MineCorp 1.5b

Once installed do yourself a favor and have a look into /mods/Minecorp/config/config.lua. There is a lot to configure, to match your playstyle.

Disclaimer: I provide this mod as is. In case of an official update, the compatibility can not be guaranteed.

Edit: 1.5b includes "createFighterFactory", as mentioned by Hammelpilaw

Edit2: Sadly my time is limited and I already maintain some other mods. Thus this extension has very low priority when an Avorion update comes out. Therefore I would like to give the code to somebody who has the time to maintain it. (don't be shy, I don't bite  ;D)

• 2 weeks later...

Avorion ver 16.4....

i have tried mine corp ver. 1.3,1.4,1.5b,and 1.6.....

uninstall and reinstall game and mod multiple times....

I guess we'll have to wait for somebody with scripting knowledge to update this mod for us...  :(

• 4 weeks later...

Edit: In case you missed it like I had, see: https://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,1607.msg24677.html#msg24677 According to Hammelpilaw this one is compatible with the latest version, not to mention that since I've made my own mod I would have no real reason to maintain someone else's mod (which is fine because looking at someone else's code can be confusing for me :P )

Edit: MineCorp 1.6a Download Link (there should be a download icon on top right if it doesn't just start downloading it.)

Also, one small note, in the OP, the author states there's a 10% chance to find one; the default config file seems to indicate less than that, so if you want to make sure you find some mines or just want plenty, go into the mods\minecorp\config\config.lua and alter the config.probabilityPerAsteroidField to something between 0.01 or 0.1; I was personally using 0.05 while testing my changes.

1.6a edit: Made sure the upgrades work and don't break everything.

Just old stuff in here.

I don't know how Burnthalo had it working for themselves on the current live version, but the mod didn't work for me.

So I strangled the mod and made it work.

I have just finished testing it and got the mine buying and resource delivering to work. Will make my adjusted version downloadable shortly (will edit this post).

MUqxk5p.jpg
ohltaxI.jpg

Hi guys,

Im having an issue with this where it will cause some sectors to crash unsure as to why. Is there some sort of debug trace available in avorion to figure out what is causing it to crash?

What version of the mod are you using?

You can probably find a stack trace to why the crash happened on the galaxy log; go to your %appdata%\Avorion\ folder, find the galaxy the crash occurred in, and look in the serverlog files.