[Mod][Beta] MineCorp

NexusNull

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just installed your mod, looks cool and can't wait to find a mine. You seem like the person to ask this, would it be possible to make a version of this mod that adds npc owned mines, or possibly player built mines, that we could buy ore from? Mines that functioned more like factories. I even like the idea someone suggested of requiring them to need resources(energy cells, drills, and mining robots come to mind) to operate.  I typically spend my time trading and salvaging so i end with plenty of money and would gladly just buy ore and not pay a fleet of (for now) glitchy captains to mine. This could take advantage of mods like out of sector production. Even a modified resource depot that regenerated ore would be cool. Im not a coder so i don't even know if this is possible. I think something like this would also help multiplayer servers. As the game gets closer to being finished servers will end up getting wiped less and less, as big as the galaxy is eventually all the mines could be found and claimed so factory versions would be handy for long term. This is a problem for other game servers where resources get claimed and new players get left out.  So just a question thanks for your time and a great mod. Good luck on your finals

quick question, since intalling your mod every hidden mass sector has been completely empty. does your mod change something that would effect this or is it probably another issue. do i need to restart my galaxy. i will fresh install and see if it helps. thanks for any info

Edit. did a fresh beta install and only installed this mod and when i started a new galaxy i had nothing in my starting sector, no asteroids, stations or anything. going to uninstall for now.

Is there anyway to make a script to have the stations added into the sectors without overwriting the sector generator.lua code or any other core game code. Because this can cause issues with updates and will force you to update this every time they come out with a new patch effecting the sector codes.

quick question, since intalling your mod every hidden mass sector has been completely empty. does your mod change something that would effect this or is it probably another issue. do i need to restart my galaxy. i will fresh install and see if it helps. thanks for any info

Edit. did a fresh beta install and only installed this mod and when i started a new galaxy i had nothing in my starting sector, no asteroids, stations or anything. going to uninstall for now.

Sorry to hear that, that probably means there is something broken in the new beta version. Next time you experience something like this don't just say something isn't working, post the error log. Without an error log I can guess the error. (I am not good at guessing)

Is there anyway to make a script to have the stations added into the sectors without overwriting the sector generator.lua code or any other core game code. Because this can cause issues with updates and will force you to update this every time they come out with a new patch effecting the sector codes.

Yes there is, you have to do it manually. You have to follow the instructions under "With other mods" in "Installation/Download". I am working on a way to make this easier for people installing my mod but so far not a lot of luck.

Sorry to hear that, that probably means there is something broken in the new beta version. Next time you experience something like this don't just say something isn't working, post the error log. Without an error log I can guess the error. (I am not good at guessing)

Yes there is, you have to do it manually. You have to follow the instructions under "With other mods" in "Installation/Download". I am working on a way to make this easier for people installing my mod but so far not a lot of luck.

No worries man, it was just a heads up not complaining at all(probably something i did wrong anyway). I'm a moron and am not even sure how to post an error log :D. Side note i love your trading reach mod that is very handy. Thanks again

Well, if you are running the game on Linux, we could write a script that installs the mod. Nothing complicated, just a few patches that the script would apply automatically.

In Windows-Land it would become a little more complicated, since you usually don't have the GNU-Utilities installed (but you could install Cygwin to get those).

The tools that are needed for it are the programs diff, patch and the Burn-Again-Shell (BASH). Optionally git would be a good tool, imagine that script auto-updating the MODs from the git-repositories.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know whats going on with this mod? It's has seemed to stop working on our server. Seemed to have stopped working after the last update. Do I need to reinstall it on the server and client side?

Every update has the chance to overwrite the hooks needed for this mod to work, same for other mods.

Therefore it's best to do a complete re-install and manual check of the mods after you update.

No worries man, it was just a heads up not complaining at all(probably something i did wrong anyway). I'm a moron and am not even sure how to post an error log :D. Side note i love your trading reach mod that is very handy. Thanks again

I've had the same problem.  I took a screenshot of the console.

https://gyazo.com/c783a7c5fe9dc190359f7c4ba3676544

• 1 month later...

About the Empty sector issue.

I found the problem. its the "config.lua" if you have another mod in example the Regenerative Asteroid Fields from Dirtyredz who also named his config simply config they clash with each other causing a problem. i dont know exactly why it does it but i got the stuff working again.

Renaming his config files (and the table inside) to RAConfig amd changed that n every file of his mod.. i will post a reply there too. just to let you know.

Sorry for my sometimes poor english. german here :)

About the Empty sector issue.

I found the problem. its the "config.lua" if you have another mod in example the Regenerative Asteroid Fields from Dirtyredz who also named his config simply config they clash with each other causing a problem. i dont know exactly why it does it but i got the stuff working again.

Renaming his config files (and the table inside) to RAConfig amd changed that n every file of his mod.. i will post a reply there too. just to let you know.

Sorry for my sometimes poor english. german here :)

Ive updated my mod to solve the conflict.

• 1 month later...

The client side stuff actually doesn't do anything either... I installed it for single player use and there no way to interact still.

It is working fine on our server. But I do not remember if I needed to update the mod for version 0.12. Will check this after work.

There are a lot of changes for Avorion scripts in files the mod is using. I highly recommand not to use the original version by Nexus anymore because it should cause other issues beside not working mod!

Because NexusNull does not seem to be active in Avorion anymore I'll offer a modified version wich works for Avo 0.12.x to keep his great project alive, thanks Nexus  :)

But still remember:

!!! BETA: INSTALL ONLY IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING !!!

Howto:

• Install original mod version 1.4
  • Install the update attached in this reply

Update for Avorion 0.14: MineCorp.1.4_modified-1.1.zip

MineCorp.1.4_modified.zip

MineCorp.1.4_modified-1.1.zip

Is 1.4 the newest update of this one?  It seems to have stopped allowing claim of new mines, and also is not providing resources every 15 minutes. 

If there is a github of the most recent version I'd be happy to help maintain it since I use it on my server.

Is 1.4 the newest update of this one?  It seems to have stopped allowing claim of new mines, and also is not providing resources every 15 minutes. 

If there is a github of the most recent version I'd be happy to help maintain it since I use it on my server.

Oh... I forgot to add the attachment, sry. Download the fix at reply #94.