[Mod][Beta] MineCorp

NexusNull

so i had issues with your mod specifically it would prevent the creation of the starting sector. A quick edit fixed this by going into

data\scripts\lib\SectorGenerator.lua

and moving the lines the following lines from the middle of a function to the top with the rest of the require and package.path

package.path = package.path .. ";modfiles/scripts/?.lua"

require("hooks")

nvm it was something else but idk how moving 2 lines of code fixed it for a bit ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so i had issues with your mod specifically it would prevent the creation of the starting sector. A quick edit fixed this by going into

and moving the lines the following lines from the middle of a function to the top with the rest of the require and package.path

require("hooks")

nvm it was something else but idk how moving 2 lines of code fixed it for a bit ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Was this another mod or something else btw? Be good to know there is no issues :)

require("hooks")

Was this another mod or something else btw? Be good to know there is no issues :)

Tbh idk your mod works alone and all the other mods work alone. there is not any incompatibles between any of the mods as they use different files, but last night i dont know why but the starting sector would not generate when i mixed your mod with all the other mods 50% of the time but now its fine so idk man random bugs are random.

There are still issues, luckily I found one on the server and was able to solve it immediately.

It seems that sometimes players don't get initialized, so the mines they claim cannot be saved to their player data.

The fix will be out this evening.

Tbh idk your mod works alone and all the other mods work alone. there is not any incompatibles between any of the mods as they use different files, but last night i dont know why but the starting sector would not generate when i mixed your mod with all the other mods 50% of the time but now its fine so idk man random bugs are random.

Do you have any log files? If there is something wrong I might as well look into it.

Hey I have a question regarding your mod,

why is it calling this script twice?

Sector():addScriptOnce("sector/relationchanges.lua")

After installing your mod I received errors in the logs regarding this file and I see that in the vanilla files this line is not added.

This is the error:

Wed Feb 22 22:18:58 2017| Creating sector at (77:-28)
Wed Feb 22 22:18:58 2017| Generating new content for sector (77:-28)
Wed Feb 22 22:18:59 2017| could not execute function 'onDestroyed' in '"data/scripts/sector/relationchanges.lua"':
Wed Feb 22 22:18:59 2017| data/scripts/sector/relationchanges.lua:50: attempt to index local 'faction' (a nil value)
Wed Feb 22 22:18:59 2017| stack traceback:
Wed Feb 22 22:18:59 2017| 	data/scripts/sector/relationchanges.lua:50: in function <data/scripts/sector/relationchanges.lua:13>
Wed Feb 22 22:18:59 2017| 
Wed Feb 22 22:18:59 2017| Setting script "data/scripts/sector/relationchanges.lua" to invalid.
Wed Feb 22 22:18:59 2017| could not execute function 'onDestroyed' in '"data/scripts/sector/relationchanges.lua"':
Wed Feb 22 22:18:59 2017| data/scripts/sector/relationchanges.lua:50: attempt to index local 'faction' (a nil value)
Wed Feb 22 22:18:59 2017| stack traceback:
Wed Feb 22 22:18:59 2017| 	data/scripts/sector/relationchanges.lua:50: in function <data/scripts/sector/relationchanges.lua:13>
Wed Feb 22 22:18:59 2017| 
Wed Feb 22 22:18:59 2017| Setting script "data/scripts/sector/relationchanges.lua" to invalid.
Wed Feb 22 22:18:59 2017| generated claimable Mine
Wed Feb 22 22:19:01 2017| scheduled save for sector (77:-28), 0x12a0c80d0, entities: 2735
Wed Feb 22 22:19:01 2017| saving sector (77:-28)
Wed Feb 22 22:19:01 2017| sector (77:-28) saved
Wed Feb 22 22:19:01 2017| Received an invoke script message for an entity that does not exist: 885

So I downloaded and installed this mod and made no changes to the files. For some reason every belt I find has 1-2 of these mines, every time. It's like more than 100%, its crazy. I thought it was meant to be a low chance?

Any idea why / how I can fix?

Thank you for adding the different costs per resource :)

Would there be a way to also limit the amount of mines a player can have per resource?

We have a few players moaning about how the mines destroy gameplay since you won't have to gather anything yourself anymore after having a few mines of every resource type.

Maybe a way to battle this would be if the player would only be able to gather the resources by actually visiting the mine, or only granting acces to the mine for something like 24 hours instead of buying them permanently.

I am currently working on the new version, though it will take a long time to finish. I got lots and lots of other stuff to do which cuts my time down quite a bit.

I think the easiest solution would be do implement a linear loss in mine returns e.g every five minutes your income gets reduced by two. So this means that at the end your mines would only last for 1 hour and 40 minutes, configurable of course.

So now to the things I have planned in the future.

Currently mines are pretty boring, you just fly up to them, pay so credits and you are set for live.

Now the idea is to make every mine something special with you can interact and upgrade.

Upgrades would cost materials, credits, goods and time.

Some of the Upgrades I am planning include:

• Production speed - (faster generation of resources)
  • Resource variety - (mine also generates resources of lower tiers)
  • Jump drive - (mine is able to jump to a neighboring system)
  • Market - (set products to trade with traders)
  • Upkeep reduction - (reduces the cost at which the mine operates)

I am open to suggestions as always.

Question:

Is there a specific reason why you made the income tick once per minute?

I changed your config-file (nice addition btw!) to give me 10times the ressources every 10 minutes, as i dislike the notification-spam on the right side anyway. but maybe there is something i'm overlooking which may be an argument against increasing this timespan (besides 'loosing' ressources if quitting after 9 minutes)

Suggestion:

No idea if this is easily doable nor if I personally would even like this change, but you could make the mines require some kind of goods to be able to work. Maybe 1 Energy Cell for 10 materials which would require some maintance by the player instead of a "buy & forget"-mechanic. This is not a fleshed out idea in any way, but a possible direction this mod might be going and maybe worth of thinking about.

• 2 weeks later...

Love this mod.

confused if its still working though lol. when I first added it , I found four or five titanium mines right away, haven't found a single one since of any other type or even titanium..

is there a limit that you can get? ive been to like 150 sectors now since downloading and finding those first couple..

at first when I downloaded I thought it was going to break the game, but honestly its barely enough to supplement even my smallest ship..a small miner.. which I like. but  would like to find other types heh.

We just added this to our server, with no other mods. We used the drag and drop method, we have the mines in game but we can not interact with them.

i know you have to be within 2km, even physically touching the asteroid with the abandoned mine on it we can not interact with it.

has anyone else had this issue? can anyone shed some light on a solution?

Love this mod.

confused if its still working though lol. when I first added it , I found four or five titanium mines right away, haven't found a single one since of any other type or even titanium..

is there a limit that you can get? ive been to like 150 sectors now since downloading and finding those first couple..

at first when I downloaded I thought it was going to break the game, but honestly its barely enough to supplement even my smallest ship..a small miner.. which I like. but  would like to find other types heh.

I would check your files to be sure, your logs will also mention that a mine is generated upon creation of the sector.

We just added this to our server, with no other mods. We used the drag and drop method, we have the mines in game but we can not interact with them.

i know you have to be within 2km, even physically touching the asteroid with the abandoned mine on it we can not interact with it.

You will need to install the exact files on your client as well to be able to interact and receive the resources.

You will need to install the exact files on your client as well to be able to interact and receive the resources.

Ah, that did the trick haha. Thank you Devious

I feel that 40 minerals every minute is great for the higher tier ores. Say iron ore sells for 4.1 credits a piece. The mine cost 100,000 credits. That means to make your money back on the iron mine you would need exactly 24,390 iron. This takes 609 minutes (10.4 Hours) of game play time. By that time most people have moved on to other ores. I feel that the ore output for iron should be higher to be a viable cost effective option in the early game.