Refining Module or Block (Block preferred)

Riftmaster

Suggestion

If this suggestion would break the intended default economy of the game, please ignore it.

Suggestion: Add a block type or option for assembly block that processes scrap and ore into resources.
Alternatively, add a module that allows this, perhaps reliant on assembly blocks for amount processed.

I'm not sure what beyond that would be required to allow an R-mining/salvaging fleet to have one or two refining ships traveling with that would process their efforts into resources.

I am aware that there is an existing mod which adds a module that refines scrap/ore on a cycle, specifically (as it appears on Steam): 
[2.0] - (SDK) System Upgrade - Commercial Refinery Bay

1 answer to this suggestion

I like the idea but balance needs to be considered. The more gameplay elements you remove, such as requiring the player to take the ore to a refinery, the less of a game there is to play. I would implement this by adding a refinery block, separate from the assembly block. The volume of the block would determine the speed with which it works and the tier determine the efficiency. It would need to be slow and even the top tier refinery blocks should be inefficient so that there's a reason to still travel to an actual refinery.

e.g. 10 ore per minute per 1m3 of refinery block, scalable to however much ship volume you care to build. The block would probably be pretty dense, like armour. Lots of heavy machinery involved in refining. I'd start it at Titanium but it'd only be equivalent to low tier Purifying lasers. Then scale up efficiency with the Avorion refinery about 80 % or 90%.