Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Nav Computer Editing calculation time or removing completely

chesiq

Hi, maybe someone can help me out with removing Nav computer altogether or decreasing the calculation times? Just point to something I need to find in code, I'll look into it myself.

Why do this? After u get ability to jump very long range, you end up just watching youtube while the thing calculates, really I see no need in that.

• Boxelware Team

This time is required to calculate the sector that you jump to, and can therefore not be completly reduced. There is a longer delay for jumping long distances that is not moddable as of now. The devs understand that this is very annoying especially in the end game and are looking into it.

It's not a programmed feature, the game actually needs the time to generate the sector you're jumping to.

Not true, because when you jump to a sector near by, it takes only a few seconds to calculate the jump route. I think I read somewhere, that it's a fixed number (3 seconds per sector?), that increases based on how far you want to jump.

I personally think, that the calculation time should not exceed 30 seconds no matter how far you want to jump in order to not destroy the fun factor while moving around across the galaxy.