[Spoilers] Wormhole Power Diverter

spurgurgle

Ok so i have the Wormhole Power Diverter. it took a rather long time to get, which is understandable. But how the hell do i use it... i got 8 different factions to say they'll help, equipped it and went to the core...

tried several different things to divert the wormholes power with it equipped ie flying into the beams, wormholes and guardian but nothing.... am i missing something??

so right now i sit here recovering some shields before i go in for another dig at the guardian.. an tips on how to use the WPD would be great :)

nothing??? well i gave up in the end last night. couldnt get the wormhole thingy to work, ended up looking through the .lua files in hope of finding a hint to prompt me in the right direction with it.

as far as i can tell the player is meant to be able to open up wormholes and call in his allies for the final battle... but i cant figure it out. not even a hint like the lil red lights when opening the gateway to the core.

ok so tried again.

This time with the intent of interacting with the guardian and i get no prompt.

As soon as i was in the system i targeted it and didn't take my target off the entire time, when he was channelling i was right up against his hull locked on with the wormhole module installed and no prompt, out of intuition i hit F to interact and still nothing.

here's a screeny of me up close and me with the module installed

AD54F72C497FCDD957684D492E1FB2FA59F45776

CD81C5F92779F895DC93D0629C4832B5DB27EFDA

(cant seem to scale images down to fit on the page, if a mod could do for me plz)

yeah the boss just carried on channeling energy, then opening wormholes, spawning xsotan.

i kill all the xsotan minions then the cycle starts again. spent 2 hours doing this last night before giving up as i'd only got his health down to 75% and it was late.

his shield drains when he's channeling but no prompt for me to do anything with the wormhole module.

i thought it must have something to do with his channeling, because of the alert text that pops up when he starts.

i even tried just flying in the way of the channel beam and wormhole opening beams, flew through the wormholes to no avail as they seem to be only one way. 

not sure if this a bug with the final boss, as everyone i seen or spoken to who has fought the boss hasn't bothered with the "getting technical" mission i thought i best do it as my lil ship is going to need all the help it can get during the fight hence only getting him down 25% in 2 hours last night.

dunno if it'll help but my game version is 0.10.2r7448

ive attchend one of last nights logs and the one from this morning. hope it helps you work out the issue

oops looks like i double attached the client logs they were to long to put in the "code" box so attaching seemed like the next best option

clientlog_Tue_Feb_07_20-23-50_2017.txt

clientlog_Wed_Feb_08_10-51-21_2017.txt

clientlog_Wed_Feb_08_10-51-21_2017.txt

clientlog_Tue_Feb_07_20-23-50_2017.txt

I beat the boss without even knowing about that thing... I can help with the strategy. There are two phases, first is shields, second is hull. They are different because shields can only be taken down 10% per wave.. The trick is to kill all adds then take down 10% shields... Rince and repeat. Feel free to fly away and regen shields if it gets too hard.

The hull phase is a bit different because the hull regens and it regens annoyingly fast. The twist here is that you don't need to kill the adds like the shield phase.. what I did was kill all but one add and then shot it's guns... And the boss' guns... And then I just worked on the boss without issues other than waves of invaders.

I had 250k shields (and an upgrade to double it) and a 12% shield regen mod and approx 43k firepower when I beat it. Took over an hour...

well i have beaten him now also, but would still like to call in the allies for a epic battle at some point.

im the end i added a lil extra shielding to my ship, took off the wormhole module and replaced it with another shield one, so 3 in total all with the 25% re-gen effect.

this is the ship i did it with

g-lbIMmDhimHToVLvCdXNenvlkyR-vSgtNoTI8bHjq2ngQU7K4a7Ys5ivQED96DXZ2w6oXHwK_K0DsbRHWQM9wJHkjMNOCmYNgSbtNKmkx1abyBpM2jHkm5pBc0VjE8sP77x31l2BcRT-1ci_yLVktmk6aZgRcG-MHOTTeQ1jTJKrGt8BitJkGrJj0DIMA34y_5y-7Vkunfzyv_yxafX_HJgkUPVimNKhk2EGvQWYbozbqu-Cd6G1SDUjuVNs9bSWxihboFHWzv6ugH87UMywpcxe2qQmIP7LmZR_JklOxdzAkgTuN17FKNCdQdE-r3x0pOBq5omwuWym1-93UEokikummC_qAqS2BaD2JgsPKbI4z9etBdrNg0EpzguGSYXTtJfRQr9ZzN1977p0rLbFwYrIIoFgQwTM2KiIfZBhDZbWQoZItmnE8g3OpwePAXLWjeBGcI2ONgpv0r95igne5SqPSf8tiYM1Rfvl9yqp_REbqlHGGDnEa5RQWA04yYwES3bIQOIAhSfwY-ZuFEzCGJ0xpYkNyxLQAbsTTjlxFGKUNoqGtNI_kwmAaz0E_8ovGzFC6FmsMtpqe7HC3ths6F6cEj4ivNWJETGt82gTuhc1yY9SrBc=w1280-h720-no

• 2 weeks later...

Nope i've had no update as of yet. i defeated the boss on normal with the lil ship above. but i would like to still try calling in the allies.

im sure when koonschi finds a fix he'll let us no, but im also sure he is very busy fixing and developing other parts of the game also.In the mean time there is plenty to do in game.

Out of curiositiy I studied the lua files and found this in the wormholeopener.lua. As I am not 100% sure how the scripts work, I can only suspect.

For me it looks like the thing only works on client - not on server?

function onInstalled(seed, rarity)
    if onClient() then
        if rarity == Rarity(RarityType.Legendary) then
            Player():registerCallback("onStartDialog", "onStartDialog")
        end
    end
end

But I can confirm this strategy works - found it out myself too:

I beat the boss without even knowing about that thing... I can help with the strategy. There are two phases, first is shields, second is hull. They are different because shields can only be taken down 10% per wave.. The trick is to kill all adds then take down 10% shields... Rince and repeat. Feel free to fly away and regen shields if it gets too hard.

The hull phase is a bit different because the hull regens and it regens annoyingly fast. The twist here is that you don't need to kill the adds like the shield phase.. what I did was kill all but one add and then shot it's guns... And the boss' guns... And then I just worked on the boss without issues other than waves of invaders.

But still 2 strange things happened:

- My mate went off before the end of the fight

- I was not able to loot until I checked "pickup stolen"

- I received like maaany trading systems (2 purple, 4 red :))

- The second time we did the boss no loot at all was dropped?

Hmm...

I'm at the same stage, except i haven't taken down the guardian fully yet. Instead of going to gather the factions for the grand alliance, i have been "farming" the xsotan ships coming from the wormholes just to get better turrets (not a fan of building turrets).

Doing this the shield is almost gone at this point which i feel is a little bit strange. I would think that to get to the boss at all, you would need to finish that power diverter (almost got the parts to finish it), rather than "kill" the guardian by just doing wave after wave of xsotan ships.

Perhaps koonschi can clarify if you are supposed to be able to beat it without the power diverter? Or if both methods should work? It seems a little odd, storywise.

Update:

Went back and to my surprise the guardian was at full shield again. However, each wormhole phase still drained its shields. Decided to stick to the sector and get it down. Took a long time but got it anyway along with the saviour achievement.

Salvaged up as much as i could before it despawned (a mechanic that needs tweaks for sure btw). Killed off the last remaining stuff in the sector, and now moving back to the initial "resistance" sector to see if theres any storyline left to be had.

Edit:

The resistance outpost still has dialog as if i have not killed the guardian, so i assume this part is unfinished.

I half expected something like that to happen tbh. And it would definetely be the obvious continuation of the storyline. I for one would love to know more about the xsotan, what they are, where they are from, what they want, why they behave like they behave etc.

Some of it is already in the quest dialogs, some of it i may have missed as well. But in true "freelancer style", i crave more story and scripted events to keep the ball rolling :)

• 3 months later...

...because shields can only be taken down 10% per wave...

Just in case someone passes by like me, i'd like to add that this is probably outdated.

Was able to kill off 50% shield each wave with 26k omicron