[REQ] Trade Goods Data

zymm78

Is it possible to create a mod that works with the tradingoverview.lua to create a file that stores visited systems and goods available. I have been using the trading mod in the game and manually inserting all the data into a spreadsheet so I can do trade routes. Although its not bad I think there might be an easier way to get the info from the game rather than manually input data.

What would be awesome is if there was a way to store the information in game. I don't think it would be OP since you have visited the system and the call only works when you initialize the mod on your ship.

Thank you all for your time.

I am trying to figure this out too.  So far the best I have is parsing the data from the XML files.  some folder that says sector.  Then I could put this data to a website.  Sadly there is no mention of who discovered these areas, so everyone would have access to the map of known space i guess.  Maybe you could pay to find whatever?  Or record who went where and give them access to that map?

There is also a few sector command which I will try.  Setting up the test server today.

... parsing the data from the XML files.  some folder that says sector...

I was thinkign the same thing, drew. But when I look in the roaming/avorion/galaxies/myGalaxy/sectors - there are two files per sector coordinate, one is readable as xml, but has no information in it regarding prices. The other is not readable.... Where did you find the pricing info?

I've been looking to work with something like this and spit the data out into one of my electron applications, but I've also been having moral conflicting views due to there already being a rather balanced upgrade in the game that does it already. I'm having moral issues with it because more than likely if I do, it may not need to be a server modification, meaning that if it wasn't wanted by server hosts due to balance, they would not have a choice.

I know what you mean about the balance issues.  Seems simple enough to limit what data goes to the user, I was thinking a config file.  One thing about the existing system is the amount of goods.  You basically have to check if the seller has enough goods and the buyer has enough goods.  I wouldn't mind giving that information to the user.  Also, searching the map for things like factories is tedious.  People already make spreadsheets which seems worse.  I would like to stop this from taking away from the game experience.

So this will lead player to making more money.  For me the extra money in trading has made the game better.  Making it more of a sandbox, instead of a grind.  It is like this for some people and would seem op to others.

im trying to use    local stations = {sector:getEntitiesByType(EntityType.Station)}

for _, station in pairs(stations) do  to maybe list what is out there?

I've been looking to work with something like this and spit the data out into one of my electron applications, but I've also been having moral conflicting views due to there already being a rather balanced upgrade in the game that does it already. I'm having moral issues with it because more than likely if I do, it may not need to be a server modification, meaning that if it wasn't wanted by server hosts due to balance, they would not have a choice.

Thats not what i was asking. The mod does a good job but the data is only available if your in the system. Many of us are using spreadsheets to log all the goods in a system so that we can run trade routes. We are looking for a way to make the capture of data automatic so that we dont have to enter data in a spreadsheet with every visit to a new system.