Avorion Suggestions + Feedback

Desperado

Suggestion

A speedmeter that shows you your velocity at all times.

I really have no idea why this one isn't in the game yet...

I want a velocity meter per sec to be on my screen at all times!

Now you can focus your own ship or see you speed though other menus but why don't we just have it always? Its like driving a car without having a speedmeter.

A button to switch from normal to tactical view. (no scrolling!)

I'm not 100% sure about this one but I couldn't find a button for the tactical view, only one for the map instead...

Mouse scrolling takes a long if you compare it to only clicking a button.

Commanders can take control of ships where the player is inside.

While inside the tactical view mode, make us enable to sent orders to our troops.

And make them excecute them even the one we are inside, until we leave the tactical view

then cancel the last command being given.

(at this way you could sent you own ship to a shop while watching the rest of your fleet etc.)

Sector out of ore

When a sector is out of ores (iron steel etc etc) they will sit in one spot and do nothing.

It would be a nice idea to let the ship (the miner) tell me that the sector is out of ore instead.

And as future plan you could even add that ships go to other zones to search for ores them-self.

Going from sector .. to sector ..

Going from sector to sector with more then 1 ship is a pain in the ass to say the least...

When I make the 2 follow me only 1 will fly though the portal if i'm lucky forcing me to fly back.

To see me ship sitting in front of the portal doing nothing, or if I use the tactical view and sent them though on there.

Mostly only 1 will come forcing me to go back to the other area and the other one will fly though by then.

At the moment they fly though the portal, and remind you have to let them fly though first or they won't go all together.

The portal works as teleport from point A to point B which creates a lot of problems so once on the other side.

Every ship is inside +/- the midle of the portal, why don't you use a square box instead giving you more places to teleport to

... this would rather work for all sizes tho.

Being able to mine another sector than where you are busy in, together with making them enable to fly from sector to sector without you commanding them.

The other day I sent me 2 miners to the north portal while I flew though the south quickly to do some shopping...

Turned out the trip was a bit more expensive than expected, me miners flew though without any issues last thing I saw was the payments being made to get though the portals right before I flew though the other portal. Everything seemed alright at the moment even me ships both showed 100% the area was friendly with 0 pirates at both times I looked. (before+after) So while I was done and flew to me miners

The sector was empty, it just looked like they disapeared in thin air...

ofcourse I've been reading to a bit and read somewhere that this game writes a sector on you disk after you enter it the first time.

But once you enter another sector it kinda shut the other sectors down to safe memory etc etc while multiplayer has an old sector open for 2/3 minutes at single player it is instant. When you think about this and read the things above again they do make a lot more sense.

Since both miners where sent to a sector who was discovered but was "off" I actually did sent me fleet into a black hole...

I really think you guys should rethink the inportance of having sectors being handled by commanders instead of players.

Because mining is only one of the examples that is just horible with the sectors being the way they are now...

Now if a sector opens for a commander just as it would for a player yes it would cost more resources (eke ram) but well worth it.

And you can make it optional at all or have a cap of like 3 sectors open at a time ?!? with tactical view a way of controlling both zones.

Even making ships unable to teleport to a empty sector preventing this bug...

Stupid bug

I was fighting some pirates and after they died and I looted them I was checking me invertory.

Stood there for about 5 / 10 minutes after this huge civil ship hits me out of nowhere giving me min rep...

2 things go wrong here, how can he fly INTO me? second, why do I get the min rep? i'm not moving, while he...

SideNote

Keep in mind that I really love the game hence the reason why I bring all the lesser points to the table.

Only reason i'm here is to make this game even better than it already is. :)

0 answers to this suggestion

There have been no answers to this suggestion yet