For Capitalism!

ns9559

Suggestion

I know that the dev' team is focusing on the economy and trade so unrelated suggestions wont be addressed seriously for a while. But I am incorrigible and desperate for human contact in any form so why not have a thread dedicated to economic ideas.

Thinking about economics and trade has  make me think about asteroid mineig outposts. Maybe an item that can be carried in the cargo hold or a module that can be attached to your ship that would allow you to build resource collection points on exceptionally large asteroids. That could not only suck up the minerals from the asteroid it is on but it could tap into the surrounding asteroids as well.

If you had control over the prices of the oar at your facility you could sell at a premium undercutting the AI. And you could supply your ships/factories for free~ish. you would have to pay for the initial installation and for the workers but in time you would make your money back and then some! You could become quite a wealthy man on a multiplayer server.

Sorry about starting so many threads in a (relatively) short time.

7 answers to this suggestion

• Boxelware Team
I know that the dev' team is focusing on the economy and trade so unrelated suggestions wont be addressed seriously for a while. But I am incorrigible and desperate for human contact in any form so why not have a thread dedicated to economic ideas.

Sorry about starting so many threads in a (relatively) short time.

No worries!

Just because I'm working on a different feature doesn't mean I'll dismiss any other suggestions ;)

It's rather a hint that this feature might take some time to implement, so don't expect it in the next release.

I thought about this, too, and players owning stations and supplying other players is definitely something I want in the game. I only have to think about how to balance the whole thing, and how to integrate it well into the gameplay.

Well. There are no huge asteroids at this moment.

Large asteroids there can be mined in minutes.

I think those modules(or what) to mine asteroids should be made in one of next ways:

a)Asteroid belt mining station\miner - Mines alot of small asteroids.

b)Huge Asteroid mining station\miner - Needs huge asteroid.

Because... What's profit of installing asteroid mining station on asteroid that you can mine in 0.5-3 mins?(20 secs for me for 15k)

I was thinking that there could be a there could be discounts for frequency/amount purchased. Similar to the way you get better deals with an AI faction when you have a better relationship with them. Friends of you or your company would pay, say around 50%. Where as someone who you have never dealt with before would pay full price, and enemies of your benefactor nation would be forced to pay 130%. Maybe you could negotiate contracts (through the in-game mailing system) with other player/AI cooperation's for better rates on raw materials? Say if you have a number of steel factories, you might negotiate better prices for iron in exchange for a cut of steel sales.

Ultimately people would be encouraged to work together in order to get the best possible prices... unless of course they engage in "dirty business", encouraging pirates to go after competitors, starting wars to get access to richer asteroid belts, and of course the arm/shipwright industries, which can be easily corrupted.

On another note, I noticed in one article that there would be some kind of warp gates coming up in the future? There are always profits to be made at choke points! Charging a toll for passage... to help with maintenance of course. And the talk of docking in future updates also opens up new possibilities! Docking fees, tariffs, inspection dues, food, entertainment for the crew, repairs... so many ways for players to make money in space, helping those poor weary travelers. ;)

I have only Delphi coding knowledge. Next year I will have C++ Coding knowledge.

If anyone can gimme some instructions\guides\stuff\etc. for coding on knowledge for this game - I might Try to start learning to help making game later.

Also. We need a trailer for a game. I guess. Need something normal instead of fake epic.