Computer Core and Proccessing Power

MrVorgra

Suggestion

10 answers to this suggestion

I recently tried to use computer blocks... I dropped that idea, when I realized that I need the volume half of my whole ship to gain one extra system :D

yea thats my issue with them too, although i guess they are there for the edge cases where you have 18.99mt and need 19.00mt for the next upgrade

A possible use for computer cores is cyberware. Hacking ships to do things like drop their shields, kill engines, and block hyper drives. The bigger computer you have the more often you can use cyberattacks and the wider variety of attacks are available.

Perhaps also make computer cores reduce hyperspace jump calculation time. That would make them more popular too.

I assumed jump calc time was the 'curtain' hiding level loading. If you had zero jump calc time for example, would you just have a long loading screen?

It does seem like an oversight that you can improve every aspect of hyperspace jumping, except for being able to shorten the calculation times.  The lore of the game even states that this is possible because Botan's jump drive takes almost no time to the calculate jump route as stated in dialog and observed in game.  I know Botan has a super magical plot drive.  But really, I pick a legendary hyperspace upgrade it doesn't actually let me jump any faster just farther.