Emergency Jump!

ns9559

Suggestion

What if you had the option to make an emergency jump without waiting for the nav computer to calculate a trajectory? Say if you jump into a region of space controlled by pirates, that way outclass you, all you need to do is hold longenough for your jumpdrive to recharge and punch it, any where is better than a death trap, right? Of course where you come back into reality would be pretty random so you could end up jumping into a worse sitiuation than you were in before!

Using an emergency jump could be pretty dangerous, you pop back into reality with half of your crew dead from strange radiation, or maybe you blow out your engines and are just trailing smoke, forced to send your drone to get help. parts of your ship missing or your cargo holds mysteriously empty. If you were traveling with a fleet they could be just as bad off as you if not worse, scattered across large swaths of empty, limping home.

Maybe a freak chance that the jump could leave you on the opposite side of the galaxy?

1 answer to this suggestion

• Boxelware Team

I like that. I've thought of it myself already, but I haven't thought of those side effects. That sounds pretty cool.

It might not be realizable in the exact way you suggested. In the late game, where you have big ships, your hyperspace drive recharge duration will be a lot higher than the nav-computer calculation. So the main reason to use an emergency jump would be to avoid the complete recharge of the jump drive.

Which could be even more dangerous. Ah, I'll think about that.