Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Can't use Jumpgates / Jumpgates does not react

Berkys32

Hi @ all,

First: Thanks to the developers for creating an awesome game.

What happened?

- Flying to a Jumpgate, trying to fly trough and nothing happened.

What did you do to make it happen?

I flew from sector to sector. After I upgraded my Jumpdrive I suddenly saw, that I can't use Jumpgates anymore. I don't know why and I don't know how to reproduce that bug. Server is up-2-date and I restarted the Server severeal times.

Game Type: Survival PvE

Admin Commands used

I have linked my Server files and 2 screenshot, too.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Direct X Diag: http://www.f1-solutions.de/DxDiag.txt

Client Log Files: http://www.f1-solutions.de/ClientLogs.rar

Server Save File: http://www.f1-solutions.de/Arda.rar

Best Regards,

Attar

I can. I stripped my ship back to 8 modules, still cant use gate. Went to drone, jumped immidietely. In destinaton there were no gate back...

So there is some restiction ship cant pass, or it wont be able to use gates? Will those ships be able to get to center of galaxy? (Never was there, dont know if it is accesible by gates or warp)

I also cannot warp with a ship that easily fits through the warpgate, is it based on volume instead the physical shape of the ship? Can warp with drone.  I upgraded to 10 slots then couldn't warp, so I dropped it back to my previous version that could warp(previously) but still can not use the warpgates.  EDIT: Figured it out, still had a couple armor pieces on the back that made my length too much.  It seems that at a certain length a ship no longer is warpable, even if other dimensions fit well.

• 1 month later...

I actually complained to koon directly about this.... I think it was a month ago, or so... Via FB.

I actually found out the following things, about ship designs and gates.

1: If your ship is physically unable to fit inside the gate, you can not use it, simply because you can not fit inside it.

- Ever thought of cramming an elephant through a regular door? This is the end result :-D

2: If your ship weigh too much, it will not be accepted through the gate. This is regarding MASS.

- For help on this, don't go over 10 slots, and you shall be fine. As long as you don't make a ship that is 1 high, 1 long and 3487956 wide.

3: Find and use hyperspace jump boosters. these are easy to get from enemies.

- They can increase jump length, increase or decrease time used on getting the drive ready again (last version, i ran 72 sectors with a 0 second recharge timer, but ultimately, that is pointless, due to the fact I have to wait for the prehistoric navigation computer to do some calculations).

4: build and use hyperspace blocks to increase range.

- use them alongside boosters.

some of this info comes from Koon himself, and some of it, I learned the hard way.

This is often because the client has lost connection to the server.

I've been tracking this issue for sometime now.

If you look in your game logs - you will most probably find a connection lost error message was generated.

The same disconnection issue can also cause the "gateless" jump, to fail. You will get no response when activating the "set jump co-oords" from the galaxy map.

It basically means you can still fly around the sector in your ship, but there is no longer a connection to the galaxy, so you cannot jump. A bit like when you lose connection playing in an MMO. You can move around, but everything else in game, does not react to your existence.