What's the largest asteroid you've found?

rundmk

Hi guys!

As title says what is the largest mineral asteroid you've found so far? I am on my 3rd day playing so far and I found a 170,000 Titanium :o did not think to screenshot it so I have no proof! But I'm a noob so maybe that's not crazy ;D

Asteroids only, about 200k.  Don't have a pic to share, sadly.  It was a Titanium as well.

Wreckage of a station, though, had a 450k Xanion one pop up in a hidden mass.  Never could salvage it at the time since I ran into it with only Naonite and Titanium Salvage Turrets..

asterdoid around 190k don't remember wich resource, but i found a 7.9 Million Xanion station on a hidden mass :)

Damn okay my asteroid was small-time I guess! I need to find a hidden mass asap.

The trouble with the large asteroid was that by the time I had finished mining it, I had fought so many pirates and invasions off and repaired afterwards which ate all the ore I had just mined, doh  ::)

Thats true, shields make everything helluva lot more efficient, as my repairs could go really high before that :)

Also pro tip for better life: if you have problems with constantly crashing into something - make bumpers!  Take those construction blocks, and make protective cage/bumpers in front of yourship. It costs almost nothing, and it can save your life, or atleats few thousands of ore in repair :)

If you want to look pretty, add few holograms on top of that construction, as it costs nothing aswell :)

when you get a good amount of shield repairs(unless you ram things constantly like me XD), will be a thing of the past :)

Thats true, shields make everything helluva lot more efficient, as my repairs could go really high before that :)

Also pro tip for better life: if you have problems with constantly crashing into something - make bumpers!  Take those construction blocks, and make protective cage/bumpers in front of yourship. It costs almost nothing, and it can save your life, or atleats few thousands of ore in repair :)

If you want to look pretty, add few holograms on top of that construction, as it costs nothing aswell :)

Oh yes! I now have a lot of shield and life is good. ;D One major problem though.. I keep losing turrets when I repair my ship in the build menu and I'm not sure why! I think it may be where the turrets are placed, slightly overlapping the diagonal edge they are mounted to which bugs and removes them when I repair.. will test.

Thanks for the bumpers idea. Can I make bumpers to protect my guns at all or will the projectiles be blocked and just destroy the bumper?

Sadly, I don´t think there is any way to protect the guns, as they wont shoot over any part of your ship :(

For protecting your guns, I have only one idea: designate a special place for your turrets on your ship, and make this ship of biggest baddest chunk of armor you can possibly create. Make sure its under protection of Integrity field generator, and only the small part of this armor is visible from the outside, so it can´t be damaged easily.

For example here on my ship - this is my pre-shield variant of Shadow Mk2 :) All titanium made

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=857178336

The blue and yellow blocks (colour coded according to rarity level of guns its wielding) are designated armor blocks for weapons, made as big as possible (blue ones go from front all the way to back, and its one solid piece).

This pic is old, right now I have 14 guns there and I have never lost a turret (not even in collision)

Sadly, I don´t think there is any way to protect the guns, as they wont shoot over any part of your ship :(

For protecting your guns, I have only one idea: designate a special place for your turrets on your ship, and make this ship of biggest baddest chunk of armor you can possibly create. Make sure its under protection of Integrity field generator, and only the small part of this armor is visible from the outside, so it can´t be damaged easily.

For example here on my ship - this is my pre-shield variant of Shadow Mk2 :) All titanium made

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=857178336

The blue and yellow blocks (colour coded according to rarity level of guns its wielding) are designated armor blocks for weapons, made as big as possible (blue ones go from front all the way to back, and its one solid piece).

This pic is old, right now I have 14 guns there and I have never lost a turret (not even in collision)

Nice ship design, man! I love the glow blocks made to look like the engines are on both sides, or are those guns on the back?

I have put my guns on armour now on my new ship and they are protected by integrity fields, so I shouldn't lose turrets anymore (I hope!)

Thanks man, I like wing shaped ships :) My new model will blow this one out of the water though...

You are right, there are glow block on the engine pods, but those pods are not for main engines (even though there are two smaller ones), they mainly cover and protect my arrays of 0.05 thick thrusters... thanks to them this ship breaks and moves faster sideways than forward :D

Sometimes a yellow "hidden mass" system seems empty, but is really full of HUGE ship wrecks in the distance.

Just zoom out a little if you suspect to be in one of those, those ship wrecks can rival huge asteroids with ease.

Yes, i already found one with over 300k Xanion.

A few good salvage lasers focused on the high resource parts (like generators) allow for HUGE returns in no time at all. :)

(only the last hit on a part needs to be with salvage turrets!)

Here is one with Trinium:

20170209220838fq1y4l5vpb.jpg

edit:

Found an even better one. :D

20170209221821u3fzxdiaqs.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a station wreck bookmarked on my galaxy map that contains 8 million Xanion. I'm staying away until I can bring a small fleet of salvaging ships to strip it in under 20 minutes.

It despawned because the wreck despawn timer has been lowered to 30 minutes to reduce lag in sectors where lots of ships have been destroyed, and this also affects pre-spawned wrecks you find while exploring, which is unfortunate but hopefully will be solved eventually.

As for actual asteroids, the largest "rich asteroid" I can remember had about 175,000 Xanion or Trinium in it.