Folder Support for saved Ships

Shanobe

Suggestion

I am sure this has been suggested but on the slight chance that it has not.

I have come into the problem that my "saved" ship menu is getting hella cluttered with 15+ versions of each of my ship designs.

Fix suggestion: When you make a new ship it adds a folder or sub-folder of that ship to the build save menu and all future variations and changes to that ships design get saved into that folder.

This will clean up the ship save menu and make finding the latest version of your designs easier.

14 answers to this suggestion

It would be nice to have some kind of Folder Support in the Build-Menu´s Saved Ships Window.

Over time the Window becomes very cluttered and it is hard to find the correct Plans. It would help if, for example, the Autosaved Ships would save in a seperate Folder.

Keep up the great work, Thanks!

I end up organizing them in the folder itself, and immediately renaming the templates I want to use to an actual template name that isn't the name of the ship, so it doesn't get cluttered with autosaves.

That's about all you can do right now.

Sorting, Renaming, Folders, all those would be great to have, though.

The same for build templates, actually.

Sorry to necro this thread, but just want to echo the importance of the above, we need some basic windows 3.0 functionality for the ship design save/load menu functions.

(1) the ability to create/name a folder at the point of saving a design;

(2) the ability to see what the date of the .xml file is (so you can determine latest version);

(3) the ability to "save as" or rename a ship design.

The flexibility and brilliance of the ship design module is one of the key strengths of this game, but the inability to handle these basic functions mars the experience and wastes a lot of time (with workarounds) that could otherwise be spent further testing and tracking down bugs.

Thanks