Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Station filter/search in map

Worm

Suggestion

I know theres a function to add notes, but after playing a while then it's a pain to scroll through every dot on the map to look for certain vendor.

Something like search function that would add a yellow box marker on stations i.e. "Fuel" would display every Fuel Factory.

15 answers to this suggestion

There could be a few new settings for the map that I think could be useful.

1: Map toggling, between several different versions.  There could be the standard navigation version, like there is now, but there could also be a different version devoted entirely to faction workings.  Reputations, enemies...  This separate map wouldn't have warpgate paths or civilization sector markings, but instead would give you the option to hover your mouse over the discovered faction territory areas, highlighting it, displaying who owns the area, who they hate and who they like, as well as how strong they are.  At least for how much you've discovered so far.  The map as it is now is very good, but a map in a game like this has the capability to be a very powerful tool for making your way up the food chain.

2: Note toggling.  So there would be several different kinds of maps you could switch between, and what the "note toggling" allows for is to have a sort-of overlay for each map that you could switch on or off.  The overlay, when on, would allow for drawing on the map, creating text, and in-general note-taking.  It would be useful for writing down trade routes, plans for the future, so on and so forth.

3: Additional customization.  This would allow for you to create your own coordinate points, like the game generates for you.  For instance if you wanted to make the location where you set up a station to stand out more, rather than just being the standard purple/blue point, you could change the color and perhaps the size of it, allowing for you to see it more clearly when zoomed out on the map.  You could also create your own lines between points, sort-of like how the warpgate paths look now.

Edit: On another note, I think it would make sense that if you find a faction's HQ, you can dock with it and there would be an option to get all of the faction's locations.  Not to put them on your map, but to upload them to the missions tab as a coordinate list, along with all of the names.  You would still have to go to them for them to show up on your map, but at least you now know where they all are.

Hello Guys!

Eng: Firstly: The Game is really really nice! Im also happy that this is a German Project :)

Ger: Also, dahingehend: Schickes Spiel! Die NPCs halten einen gut auf Trap beim Minen, auch wenn man dennen manchmal ein bisschen zu leicht entkommt, aber soweit schonmal :)

Eng: I think it would be nice, if the Game would get a "Search Steelfactory" or something like that option in the Galaxy Map.

May its like a Database, which can be generated and actualisied when jumping in a new area:

You can type in a search field for :" Steelfactory L" and if you already found some, it will highlight them on the galaxy Map.

I played about 20h and unhide over one of these big squares when you are at maximum zoom out, and for the trading, I need to search where is which station. So I have to search for every flight new, if I dont make my own Excel-Table.

Ger: Mir kam nach einiger Zeit der Erkundung die Idee, man könnte eine Suchfunktion in der Galaxiekarte einbauen. Eine Art Datenbank die man dann abfragen kann mit :"Stahlfabrik L" oder ähnlichem. Ohne jetzt konkret angezeigt zu bekommen, ob die Station gerade waren hat. Nur wo sie ist. Damit das Suchen etwas schneller geht, denn bis jetzt muss man immer jedes System einzeln abklappern um zu sehen, was da drin ist. Notizen sind zwar eine gute Idee, aber man kann auch nicht jedes System mit einer Notiz versehen, dann geht die Übersicht verloren. Daher fände ich eine Suchfunktion nur ganz Simpel für bereits erkundete Systeme echt Klasse :)

Für Nicht-Händler ist die Funktion vielleicht nicht so wichtig, aber es wäre zumindest kein Schaden für die, die es nicht nutzen.

Eng: So, it would be nice, to have this. Otherwise Ill make my own Database for all Systems and Stations :D

What do you think about these feature?

Ger: Daher, ich fände es echt Hilfreich eine solche Funktion eingebaut zu haben. Ansonsten, bis dahin mach ich meine eigene Tabelle :D

Was haltet ihr von dieser Funktion?

Eng: With friendly wishes,

Ger: Mit freundliche Grüßen,

[Tec]Admiral Magiehammer

Merged a few topics with suggestions for map filters.

Magiehammer, du solltest wirklich lieber deine Posts in zwei große Teile teilen, wenn du auf Deutsch und Englisch schreiben willst.

So kann man das sehr schlecht lesen. Lieber erst komplett in der einen und dann komplett in der anderen Sprache schreiben, mit ner erkennbaren Trennung dazwischen ;)

It would be so useful if we would be able to search or filter specific types of stations and highlight them on the map, this would also give the feature of adding a note to a sector more use since you would be able to use that better for trading.

The only way to keep track of stations and trade-routes efficiently now is to make a tedious spreadsheet,

which is consuming a lot of time I'd rather spend on playing the game and building our empire.

Simple, easy yet very important and timesaving...

Just a little lovely search bar that helps me to find a specific station for example, in the sectors i have been visited... Just save me from looking each green dot i had been to find a research station..  ;D

Thank you