Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

I can not start game

Spirit94

• Boxelware Team

Have you tried starting the game as admininstrator?

And you told me before, that another version worked fine? Which one?

There should be a clientlog.txt in your %appdata%\Avorion folder. It should not be too big.

Can you post its contents please?

Also, what are the system specifications of the pc you are running the game on?

Have you tried starting the game as admininstrator? (Yes)

And you told me before, that another version worked fine? Which one? (attached to the message)

There should be a clientlog.txt in your %appdata%\Avorion folder. It should not be too big.

Can you post its contents please? (attached to the message)

Also, what are the system specifications of the pc you are running the game on?(MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1; Intel Pentium CPU G860 @ 3.00GHz, 4,0GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT 640)

clientlog.txt

• Boxelware Team

Did you maybe try to load an old galaxy? That might not be possible.

In the log, it looks like your galaxy is empty.

Does the crash occur when you start a new galaxy?

Does it occur when you start a galaxy with v0.2?

Did you maybe try to load an old galaxy? That might not be possible. (I created a new)

In the log, it looks like your galaxy is empty.

Does the crash occur when you start a new galaxy? (yes)

Does it occur when you start a galaxy with v0.2? (0.2 download fails, link does not work)

Maybe I should try to run someone's galaxy?

Use this link for version 0.2 http://www.avorion.net/demo/Avorionv0.2Setup.exe and try creating a new galaxy. (does not work)

Can you start the server alone? (try to run the runServer.bat?)

Have you tried on another machine? (0.2 and 0.3 running on a laptop (MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1; Intel Pentium CPU B950 @ 2.10GHz, 2,0GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6470M) but my friend have the same problem as me)

• Boxelware Team

Can you start the server alone? (try to run the runServer.bat?)

Yes, for example.

Have you tried on another machine? (0.2 and 0.3 running on a laptop (MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1; Intel Pentium CPU B950 @ 2.10GHz, 2,0GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6470M) but my friend have the same problem as me)

I dont quite understand. Does it work or not?

You should try to provide more information. I'm having trouble finding any more reasons why it would crash.

I'll answer all of your questions that interest you.

I do not know what else to say...

I downloaded the game version 0.3, has created a new galaxy, and I had a bug which I introduced in the first message.

• Boxelware Team

Have you tried successfully starting the server?

If nothing happens when you run the .bat file that's a bad sign, but it is impossible for me to say why it doesn't work, as long as you only say "nothing happened".

When you say nothing happens, is it literally nothing? Do you see a console?

Have you tried running it from the command line?

When it's started up, can you connect to it?

Start a new single player galaxy, let the program crash, then post the logfile of the server and the client.

The problem is that this has not happened in this manner before and it's always difficult to tell the error when not present at the affected pc.

Right now, including antivirus to scan computer.

I have right now 2am.

It may be due to the fact that I am sleepy and do not understand something.

In the morning I'll be busy so I will answer on Sunday at about the same time. :-[

P.S.

I'm sorry if I annoy you ;)

• Boxelware Team

Alright, I found an error in the runServer.bat file. The paths are not correct, start up will most certainly fail.

I'm currently writing an article in the wiki on how to start up a server. Just hang in.

By the way, is it possible that the username on your pc contains cyrillic letters? I did not think of cyrillic/arabian/chinese when designing the server, to be honest.

It only supports ANSI characters, so this might as well lead to a crash.

You should be able to fix this for now, by starting the server manually in a directory that contains only ANSI C letters.

Any way, I'll release a new version soon, with better bug tracking, so this bug finding will be easier :)

Not mohu Start yhru, writes: server: connection 0 was closed by remote This is going on at the beginning of Novaya Attempts staroy is any loading game                                                                                                                    -translate.google.com                                                                   

• Boxelware Team

Ah you seem to be using the google translator.

That thing spits out bad bad english, that is almost not comprehensive, it even doesn't translate every word, so please excuse if I don't always understand what you mean.

I think I know the bug that is happening. To be sure, you have to give me your %appdata%\Avorion\serverlog.txt file, so I can see what is going on.

• Boxelware Team

Alright, it's what I thought. The log file you sent me is empty.

The problem is, that the game can not yet handle cyrillic letters :-\

I think I know a way for you to still play, although it is a little circuitous.

You must create a windows user account with a name without cyrillic letters. Then try to install and run the game again with this user account.

Basically, make sure that in your path to %appdata%\Avorion there are no cyrillic letters at all. This should get the game to work.

I will fix this issue as soon as possible.

Btw I don't have a problem translating your posts, but for other users who don't speak russian and have similar problems it would be nice if you could continue writing in english.