i made a server and this happened.

quailgg94

ok so i made a server.

downloaded everything avorion offered , even hosted it off my own machine and  allowed a portforward for the game. and  it was cool i had like.... 10 out of 15 playing everyone was teaming up killing stuff.  Even offered starting materials for new players like 10k of iron  / titanium and 30k$.... after a while i noticed my internet speed  was being  capped. turns out someone ddosed me .

what im asking is HOW do i keep them from doing this to my host machine. im trying to have a fun time with people and  during that time they do this to make my game lag. i had around 30 ping. aswell as everyone else , then the pings went up to around 200 . and  bounced up to 500 ping. causing the game to be Just like the average server .

PC specs

amd FX- 6 core cpu 4.5 ghz

32 gigs ram

gigbit internet  pci slot

and a pci SSD card,

at time of crash PC usage

65% cpu

75% ram

ssd & 10% active to 60% active

internet was not even hitting past 200 mbps down and maybe 40 mbps up and i usually host my mincraft server i play with my friends on... sometimes their's 50 player count but i stopped that because  of recent issues.

i just dont understand how to keep people from ddosing my connection.

It's possible nobody has ddos'd you, but if you hand our your IP to random people then you can't guarantee that there isn't an idiot among them.

The game currently sends its data uncompressed, so that might be a limiting factor for you. koonschi said, that data will be compressed in the future.

More spread out players will also likely increase the network load.

it was Def ddos i found a hostname link i could use for free but i still need to study on it

hostname quailgg94.hopto.org

should be linked but i have NO idea how to give it the port link to use  and they want like 40$ to  make legit hostnames and unlock features...

i also made a server . am i supposedto add a  portforward ? because i did . just incase.