What affects max velocity?

Erik9631

One thing I learned last night is that thruster and engine calculations take your current crew assignment in consideration when calculating the new stats. I was building a new ship (no crew yet) and I was banging my head at how pathetic my engines were scaling until I realized this.. ended up with crazy speed becsuse I added too much lol.

Just engines.

Ships with the same engine size will always have the same max velocity, whether they have components/armor, or just a huge bare engine.

The confusions stems from the ceiling caused by not having enough engineers.

Edit: thrusters also need engineers.

Just engines.

Ships with the same engine size will always have the same max velocity, whether they have components/armor, or just a huge bare engine.

The confusions stems from the ceiling caused by not having enough engineers.

Edit: thrusters also need engineers.

So max velocity is determined solely by the size of you engine and it's only acceleration that is effected by mass?

Yes, but I haven't experimented with a lot of the advanced components. (hangars, computers, etc.)

From most of the components I've tried, only the size of the engine determines max velocity.

If you don't have enough engineers to run the engine, performance drops to almost nil. Since thrusters also need engineers, a careful balance must be achieved between engine power / directional thrust.