Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

The biggest danger = small chunks

Sindroms

Hey there.

On two separate occasions I have lost my ship to something I could not quite make out while engine-boosting at full speed through an ongoing battle that I was so very inclined to -not- partake in, by instead looting allll the things.

Sadly, it seems that tiny chunks (and I do mean tiny - bits of antenna) still have enough mass to debilitate your hours worth of effort without mercy.

I was wondering if there was a way to, without turning off collision damage outright, set that the game gives no mass to tiny fragments such as that. Watching a ship 100x times the size implode on brushing one at full speed is a rather ALT F4-ing moment.

At the beginning you are right, nearly any little collision break anything from your ship.

The only solution is to build stone or armor with high durability at these critical places of your ship.

Another thing is not to place many small block, try to build just 1 big block of that kind.

Thruster are the exception.

Later you can build integry field. At this way the damage get spread over the whole ship.

You still can loose your ship but not from any small chunk anymore.

Hey there.

On two separate occasions I have lost my ship to something I could not quite make out while engine-boosting at full speed through an ongoing battle that I was so very inclined to -not- partake in, by instead looting allll the things.

Sadly, it seems that tiny chunks (and I do mean tiny - bits of antenna) still have enough mass to debilitate your hours worth of effort without mercy.

I was wondering if there was a way to, without turning off collision damage outright, set that the game gives no mass to tiny fragments such as that. Watching a ship 100x times the size implode on brushing one at full speed is a rather ALT F4-ing moment.

Integrity field generators no longer make your blocks indestructible as you said. It spreads damage until the block takes 10x its normal hp in damage, then it explodes.  Also, I never had problems with small debris at all (my ships are combat vessel designs so far, so parts of the ship that could hit something all have integrity fielded armor blocks of titanium or better...)

I didn't had problem with small chunks nether and I playing on full collusion, usually useing thick armor and slopes on the front so just cutting through on junk field like that. Only collusion what killed me so far was happened in a dogfight with pirates on an asteroid field... They ganged up on me so I had to the field to use it as a cover, took out a few of them and then an asteroid appeared on the side of the screen out of nowhere.... Me just oh sh!t NO!!... The ship called Krognak's Pride was gone in a split second with 50 souls onboard... But learned the lesson, need more guns to end the fight quicker :)