galaxy map and fps falling after every use or warp

WARGAMES

every time I warp around my galaxy map slowly lowers in fps down to, the lowest worst, being 7-8 fps.  it takes a lot to get it down to that low but I presume there's a memory leak or something if the galaxy map slowly eats more fps over time.

system specs

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Version 10.0.14393 Build 14393

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name

System Manufacturer ASUS

System Model All Series

System Type x64-based PC

System SKU All

Processor Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 3005, 04/11/2016

SMBIOS Version 3.0

Embedded Controller Version 255.255

BIOS Mode Legacy

BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.

BaseBoard Model Not Available

BaseBoard Name Base Board

Platform Role Desktop

Secure Boot State Unsupported

PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible

Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS

System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1

Locale United States

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.14393.206"

User Name

Time Zone Eastern Standard Time

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB

Total Physical Memory 31.9 GB

Available Physical Memory 24.9 GB

Total Virtual Memory 63.9 GB

Available Virtual Memory 54.7 GB

Page File Space 32.0 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes

Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes

Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware No

Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

videocard is amd gtx 1080, unless even more latest drivers would fix this weird fps drop over time

Had the same issue today.  Restarting the game completely fixed the FPS drops when the map was open.

agreed, same problem over here on last steam build. (havn't checked after update, but will soon report back)

after jumping 20+ sectors fps drop increases, after 50+ it was unuseable.

probably because im the host, my mates had no problems

I can confirm that I had the same issue (on a single-player game). Over the course of playing the galaxy map performance got significantly worse over time.

The normal view still runs very smoothly (well over 30 fps), but the galaxy map stutters along at around 5-10 fps, with more strain if the camera is moved, especially in areas with lots of marked sectors. Moving the camera over totally unmarked areas on the opposite side of the galaxy seemed to have a slightly improved performance. I didn't have an fps counter running, so I can't give super-specific numbers, unfortunately.

Logging out and logging back in did not seem to have a noticeable effect in my case.

Didn't yet try a client restart.

(Somewhat unrelated side note, when I re-logged into the game I couldn't see my blue jump radius on the galaxy map. After jumping once it reappeared).

• 1 month later...

Using Avorion Client Beta 0.11 r7857

I just got the game a few days ago.  I've been experiencing the same issue: FPS drops further and further with each sector change. After closing the game completely and reopening it, everything runs smoothly until I start jumping to multiple sectors again. It's almost as if the previous sectors I visited never unload.  The last time the FPS dropped, I just left the game running with my ship sitting in the last sector I jumped to for an hour to see if, maybe, it took the other sectors longer to unload, but it didn't change.  Only restarting the game worked.

I am using an older laptop: ASUS G74SX from 2011 with a 1920x1080 screen: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834230103

I've noticed with each sector change, the FPS dropped by 2.  My starting FPS is between 35 and 40.  After 10+ jumps, it stays between 15 and 20.  If I stay in whatever sector I logged out from after logging back in, the FPS stays between 35 and 40 no matter how long I stay there with Pirates and Xsotan warping in every few minutes and being destroyed and leaving the debris.  FPS only drops with each jump.