Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Battle Damage

InfiniteDice

Suggestion

1) Secondary explosions which might occur so long as there is critical damage where there are parts that could explode. This would make repairing critical damage more important.

2) Sparks from part surfaces that have just lost a connected part. Like you blow a section off... the areas of those sections which were connected would have some electrical sparks and stuff..

3) Out of control.... in many sci-fi you see large ships veer out of control and into each other. Starship Troopers, Starwars... and so on... Maybe if a ship loses key command personnel or over a % of its thrusters/engines it has a chance to go out of control in some plausible fashion... might be neat to see what happens... makes battle situations a lot more dynamic.

2 answers to this suggestion

I would love to see something like this added to the game!  A texture that shows that a block is damaged before it has been removed from the ship, as well as a way to tell that blocks HAVE been removed due to damage.  I suggested something like this on Reddit, but I was not aware this forum was a thing.  Devs, please make this a thing in the game!

a way to tell that blocks HAVE been removed due to damage.

You get an icon at top center screen (the same place as the "insufficient crew" notification icons) when there are blocks missing from your ship and, in build mode, you can select the "repair block" tool and the locations of destroyed blocks will be highlighted in red.