CMDR_FEKLHR (Avorion Logo Ship // Planet Killer // Cargo-Tug EX-4993)

cmdr_feklhr

Find a summary of my builds below. Most of these can be seen, built in real-time, on my Live Stream which I host for several hours each evening (Eastern Standard Time). Join me:

Summary:

CF-140 SRCB (real-world-scale)

Creative Mode

C4cfKb2UkAADfSP.jpg:small

Cargo-Tug EX-4993 (real-world scale)**SAVE FILE BUSTED**

Creative Mode

C4MbTq_UMAAENfb.jpg:small

Planet Killer (ST:TOS)

Normal Mode

C4HO40wVMAE4iXQ.jpg:small

Avorion Logo Cruiser (Functional)

Normal Mode

C3ynr38WQAA1y9G.jpg:small

Untitled  (Scrapped)

Normal Mode

C3jQFtAUMAEPKLD.jpg:small

Wow this style would be perfect for replacing the alien ships with.

Right now the default aliens SUCK. They look lame and arn't at all the bogie man they need to be. This style perfectly fit that call.

Would love the opportunity to design more "alien" style ships. If thats what people want to see, I'll do more of that.

Everything created above was made in single player mode so I had to mine all the materials.

The Cargo-Tug EX-4993 features removable engines as they are worn out easily by the heavy loads and extended periods of acceleration. It's not uncommon for a set of engines to wear out after a few months in operation. The Primary Control Room (PCR) features 6 pilot seats including 2 navigation panels, 2 pilot seats, 1 communication panel and a captains chair.

The PCR is protected by an extendable blast-shield that is commonly used to protect from premature wear of the forward-facing view-port during extended periods of travel through asteroid belts. While the blast-shield is extended, the pilots must rely heavily on the navigation crew and the IFS (Instrument Flight System).

The Cargo-Tug EX-4993 is primarily utilized as a shipping container hauler, although it has been re-purposed and optimized for various haulauge since it's release.

((Make suggestions))

C4MbTq_UMAAENfb.jpg:small

Larger Image:

C4MbTq_UMAAENfb.jpg:large

C4MbsHpUYAEpnLk.jpg:small

Larger Image:

C4MbsHpUYAEpnLk.jpg:large

C4Mg96cUMAEMm2D.jpg:small

Larger Image:

C4Mg96cUMAEMm2D.jpg:large

Attempting to reach Ludicrous Speed with the Planet Killer. Also, covered half of the ship with tiny blocks to mold the proper shape. I'm up to 6,909 blocks and no performance drop. I'm impressed.

Looks very cool!  8)

Since you don't provide the .xml, I can't be sure how you designed and built this "Planet Killer". However, I think it's safe to assume that you used the traditional ship-building method. By that, I mean I doubt that you took advantage of known exploits to get insane engine and thruster performance by overlapping or "void technology".

Scytales shared several "modules" of compact, cheap, and efficient engine/thruster blocks as well as shield generators and power generators. (See the Scytales Laboratories, Optimized Starter Ships and Ship Modules [.xml] thread.)

I'm just thinking that you could hide a few dozen X-009 Needlepoint as "modules" around the perimeter of your current huge engine complex and then convert your current engines into glow blocks. (Thrusters work better the further from the center of mass.) Or, perhaps you could use W, A,S, D to scale the X-009 to make it huge and use only two or three of them?

By itself, each of his modules only requires 1 mechanic. You should end up with even better performance, yet at a small fraction of the current mechanic and engineer requirements. To make the glow bocks appear a bit more like thrusters, you could color the outer ring of them a golden yellow and the inner ring(s) could be a whiter and hotter shade of yellow. Up close, that would not look quite as good as real engine blocks. But they would still seem like engines and would still be impressive.

Also, hiding several Scytales' "Void Generators" and "Void Shield" inside could probably add a lot of energy and shields without much credit or resource cost (esp. if they were converted to Avorion, Xanion or Trinium).

Just a thought.