Jump to content

Martin

Developer
  • Content Count

    29
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral
  1. Another possible fix we found was to run the server in the official steam runtime environment: Download the latest 'steam-runtime.tar.xz' from http://repo.steampowered.com/steamrt-images-scout/snapshots/ Exctract it to a folder of your choice On a command line, execute the script './setup.sh' in the steam runtime folder. This will adjust the steam runtime to work with your system. It is not necessary to run this command as root, as it will only change files inside of the steam runtime folder. Now, open your server's server.sh and search for the line './bin/AvorionServer ...'. Modify it so that it now starts with '<steam-rt>/run.sh ./bin/AvorionServer ...', where '<steam-rt>' is the path of the steam runtime directory. Again, if this helped, I would appreciate a quick feedback. Greetings, Martin
  2. Hey brut3force, I apologize for the inconvenience. This must have been caused by an internal update of ours. One possible way to fix that problem is to run the server in the official steam runtime: Download the latest 'steam-runtime.tar.xz' from http://repo.steampowered.com/steamrt-images-scout/snapshots/ Exctract it to a folder of your choice On a command line, execute the script './setup.sh' in the steam runtime folder. This will adjust the steam runtime to work with your system. It is not necessary to run this command as root, as it will only change files inside of the steam runtime folder. Now, open your server's server.sh and search for the line './bin/AvorionServer ...'. Modify it so that it now starts with '<steam-rt>/run.sh ./bin/AvorionServer ...', where '<steam-rt>' is the path of the steam runtime directory. I would appreciate a quick feedback of whether or not this worked. Greetings, Martin
  3. Hey Rogon! I apologize for the inconvenience, this must have been caused by an internal update of ours. You didnt tell me your operating system, so I assume Ubuntu 14.04 or older. This operating system version seems to be missing some libraries required to run the server. Luckily, there is a workaround that should fix your problem. You seem to be missing the required gcc5 libraries, and you can install them like this: sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-toolchain-r/test sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install gcc-5 g++-5 I would appreciate a quick feedback if this fixed your problem. Greetings, Martin
  4. Acknowledged. Does this only happen for dedicated servers or also if directly started from within the game?
  5. Don't worry, it's basically just copy-paste of the other timer. Should be available in the next patch.
  6. This answer is from 7 years ago. QueryPerformanceCounter has been around since WinXP. In fact, I can't find any common OS /Language that doesn't support microsecond timing. Hey! I think I have some explaining to do here. There is different kinds of time measurement that can be done. Absolute and relative measurements. The difference is that absolute measurements guarantee do be consistent (multiple timers return the same value, distant machines can be synchronized). Relative time measurements do not guarantee that, therefore they can only be used to measure small intervals. They are mainly used for performance optimization. They can NOT be used to actually time stuff that needs to be consistent. In the actual game code, we have two timers, one default timer for absolute values and a HighResolutionTimer for performance optimizations. The timer that is exposed in lua is the default timer. It is based on std::chrono::high_resolution_clock and only gives millisecond resolution on windows. There is no way to measure absolute sub-millisecond resolution time on windows. The second timer also uses std::chrono::high_resolution_clock on linux, but falls back on QueryPerformanceCounter on windows. By that, it loses its absolute property. It can only be used for performace optimization and is currently not exposed to lua. If you guys need that, we could write a lua api for that HighResolutionTimer (just for performance optimizations). I hope that clears things up. Let me know if we should write an api for the second timer. Edit: There IS a sub-millisecond absolute timer on windows, called GetSystemTimePreciseAsFileTime. It got introduced in Windows 8 though, and as we support Windows 7 we can't use it.
  7. Hey! My bad. We found the problem and fixed it. Thanks for reporting. Greetings, Martin
  8. We can't, sadly. Not all operating systems (including Windows) support sub-millisecond resolution. That means, the microsecond api already only gave you millisecond resolution, meaning it didn't behave as intended. That's why we removed it.
  9. Thanks. We think we found the problem and reworked parts of the turret placement code. Hopefully this is fully fixed in the next patch.
  10. Should be fixed now.
  11. Did the new version on the beta branch fix your issue?
  12. The forum host didn't change, I'm not entirely sure what you are talking about. Please explain :) Hey! I just saw that we had a server problem. Now I know what you are talking about :) Nevertheless, that was independent from the new forum look. Thanks for your concern, though :)
  13. I increased the background color slightly for more contrast, I hope that helps already
  14. Hey! Thanks for posting this. The problem here seems to be that the space is quite small and a 1.5 size turret barely fits. In the turret build mode, the check seems to determine that a 1.5 turret fits, in the repair and the turret placement it seems to deny that. That's why it deletes the turret. The solution for us will be to make the checks more consistent. We added it to our list of bugs to fix. Greetings, Martin
×
×
  • Create New...