Greetings, I am currently at around 60 hours into playing and here are some of the things I would love to see in game at some point.
1. A scout/probe that can be sent out to search sectors. Example: In the galaxy map, I am in sector 111:11 and I select sector 111:30, the scout/probe will go from my sector to 111:12, then 111:13 all the way to 30 one at a time, unlocking the "information" on what is in each sector.
The galaxy is gigantic and going to each and every sector takes a massive amount of time, it also opens the opportunity for my next idea.
2. Adding a random chance at there being random events/items for every sector to give the galaxy even more "life".
3. A "Guard Object" order for ships with captains. I would love to be able to assign ships to mines/ stations so if anyone attacks the station, the ship will attack them, then go back when done fighting.
4. Ability to create gates. I have come across more than a few sectors with asteroids to claim/mine that are not connected to any system.
5. Expansion on the alliance system for single player, I am sure this will be done but here are my ideas.
A: Player is the leader of a faction.
B: Factions can form alliances via diplomacy/trade negotiations.
C: Player control of a sector becomes part of his "faction/empire".
D: When a player sector is attacked he gets a warning when in a different system.
E: Ships assigned to a fleet can be given a "batch" order that goes to all ships in that fleet IE: Go to sector, Attack enemies.
F: Ability to have more than one fleet.
6. Ability to have your own Shipyard auto construct ships via a blueprint like we can with a fighter blueprint. Shipyard can be given the materials for this to happen and will only build if it has the materials. This process should continue even if player is not in the sector.