Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

All kinds of fighter-related problems

LiftPizzas

1- I made two stations with lots of assembly blocks and hangars so they could produce fighters. One of them works as I would expect. The other has constantly increasing demands for more sgt/lt/etc personnel as new fighters are produced, and morale crashes.

2a- I filled up my carrier with r-mining fighters, sent it out to mine. It was stuck in the mining sector, won't go anywhere. When I went there to manually fly the ship, there were like an extra 100 fighters swarming around the ship that were "unable to return" because it says the squad was full.

2b- The carrier had 120 fighters in it. I flew to another sector and transferred all the fighters out of this carrier to a station, and then when I tried to transfer them back, it stopped halfway through, saying the ship is full, yet the carrier only has 5 or 6 squads worth of fighters on it and a bunch of empty space. In the build menu it says only 268 of 900-something space is being used, and the carrier's capacity is listed as 120 large fighters. It just moments ago had 120 fighters in it. Now suddenly they can't fit.

I did not make any changes to the ship (and it isn't damaged) so there shouldn't be any reason for any of this. Now I've got fighters stuck on a station that says it needs more personnel and the morale is going down, and can't get them back onto the carrier where they just moments ago came from, because it's suddenly "full."

1. The fighters you created require pilots. Required crew that you don't have counts towards the number of sergeants you need. So when you have 10 fighters, you need 1 sergeant even if you don't have any pilots. That's why you have increasing requirements as you build fighters.

2a. Probably the infamous ship duplication bug. Ship was duplicated, then the game deleted the duplicate but fighters remained.

2b. You can only use the "transfer all" or arrow  buttons to transfer fighters to the squad directly to the right/left, not to a squad that is above or below (not too user friendly, I know). You can drag fighters one by one to any squad.

1. The fighters you created require pilots. Required crew that you don't have counts towards the number of sergeants you need. So when you have 10 fighters, you need 1 sergeant even if you don't have any pilots. That's why you have increasing requirements as you build fighters.

I don't know how that would not be considered a bug. They require pilots to fly. They shouldn't require pilots to sit unused in a hangar.

2b. You can only use the "transfer all" or arrow  buttons to transfer fighters to the squad directly to the right/left, not to a squad that is above or below (not too user friendly, I know). You can drag fighters one by one to any squad.

No, it wasn't that. The carrier was only half full and it didn't matter what way I tried to bring in new fighters.

I ended up eventually transferring all of the fighters out, emptied the ship, went back to the sector where it had been stuck, and told it to recover, and it picked up all of the fighters. I would have to guess there was something like the duplication bug you mentioned with the fighters. But anyway it turned out that the "lost" fighters in another sector still take up hangar space even though the build screen says that space is unused. (I also had deleted all the squads several times to try to clear out space, it made no difference.)